Pay Rate: $15.00/hr plus portion of service fee from event
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
Arapahoe Basin has an incredible and unique weddings and banquets program that includes a robust schedule of weddings and other unique events throughout the evenings of our summer season. We aim to provide not just a professional and entertaining experience, but also an experience people will remember for the rest of their lives.
As a Banquet Server at A-Basin, you will serve plated dinners to guests at special events and weddings in a banquet-style environment. This includes setting up and tearing down the event venue in accordance with guests’ requests and A-Basin’s operating procedures.
Our banquet staff at A-Basin realizes the importance of what we do and that our efforts directly affect the experience someone has potentially on one of the most important days of their lives.
Come help us make life long memories. Apply now to join our F&B team!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Provide prompt, accurate, professional, and friendly F&B service to guests during weddings and special events
- Be responsible for setting patron tables, serving plated or buffet food items, clearing dirty dishes from tables, and the ongoing cleanliness of the venue
- Set up and tear down event and wedding venues per manager instruction or guest requests, while adhering to best practices of the banquet service industry
- Complete opening and closing side work according to manager's instruction
- Make sure all areas are stocked with supplies; notify manager of any product or equipment needs in accordance with F&B procedures
- Prepare and serve drinks and cocktails
- Work as part of a cohesive team to help create a positive work environment for all
- Follow all appropriate regulations for Food Service, Safety & Sanitation, SDS, TIPS, and COVID restrictions
- Maintain professionalism in appearance and guest interaction
- Help out with any F&B roll as per manager's instruction
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- TIPS certification – preferred
- Previous F&B service experience - preferred
- Ability to multi-task and self-direct
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to stand, walk, and navigate stairs throughout an 8-hour shift
- Ability to use full range of body motion and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, kneel, squat, crawl, push, pull, and throw
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- Must adhere to A-Basin’s appearance and grooming standards for F&B banquet staff
- Must provide own and approved uniform including black dress shirt and pants
- This position works in a banquet-service/restaurant environment with most time spent working indoors in a high-altitude environment. Some work outside in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area in view of guests. This role involves a very frequent amount of high-volume guest interaction. Riding a chairlift may be required for this role.