Dillon, CO • Food & Beverage
Pay Range: $21.50-$25.75/hr
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
Food and Beverage employees at Arapahoe Basin are committed to creating “a day worth repeating” for our guests by ensuring legendary service and high-quality food throughout our F&B outlets.
As a Cook II at A-Basin, you will work in our food court-style restaurants and use basic preparation and cooking methods to create and serve food items to guests while providing excellent customer service
This position is one step above our entry-level cook and requires the knowledge and ability to handle higher business volume while working multiple kitchen stations or service “windows” in the food court each shift.
You will be responsible for the opening, operating, continued cleanliness, and closing of your assigned F&B station(s) on a daily basis.
At A-Basin, we look to be thoughtful, creative, and energetic and we are known not only for our A-mazing skiing and riding, but also for our A-mazing Food and Beverage options.
Apply now and come join our Food and Beverage team!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- A shift meal on each day working
Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- · Positively interact with and prepare food for guests in our food court style restaurants ensuring consistent, quality, food and excellent guest service
- · Perform “spot” checks on lower-level cooks to ensure recipes and cleaning guidelines are being followed
- · Prepare F&B station(s) for your shift with regard to business volumes including preparation of backups, sanitizer bins, and general organization of the kitchen area
- · Prepare food items at assigned station according to recipes and A-Basin standards
- · Rotate and store food supplies according to food safety guidelines and manager's instruction to minimize waste
- · Clean and inspect kitchen equipment. Report any issues immediately to supervisor
- · Follow procedures to create a safe work environment for yourself and others
- · Maintain a professional appearance and attitude in the kitchen
- · Be a team player and assist other team members to ensure the best overall quality in food and cleanliness in the kitchen
- · Assist with special event meals for staff and guests
- · Help to do our part with waste removal including landfill trash, recycling, and composting
- · Perform other duties as assigned
- 2 months of previous experience working in quick service- or station-style F&B operations
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to maintain awareness of surroundings at all times
· Ability to work efficiently without supervision when necessary
Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
Ability to stand, walk, and navigate stairs throughout an 8-hour shift
Ability to use full range of body motion and lift up to 75 lbs.
Ability to bend, twist, kneel, squat, crawl, push, pull, and throw
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- This position works almost 100% of the time in a kitchen in a high-altitude environment. Some work outside in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area in view of guests. This role involves a very frequent amount of high-volume guest interaction. Riding a chairlift may be required for this role. The use of utensils such as knives, cooking devices such as fryers, and cleaning tools such as mops is frequent.