Weavers Way Co-op Job Description
Reports to: Prepared Foods Manager
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The dishwasher is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for all pots, pans, dishes, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dish washing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility. Furthermore, this position requires ongoing support of the kitchen operation, assisting with the receiving and restocking, and setting up/breaking down stations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain dish room cleanliness in all areas including dish machine, sinks, under sinks and floors.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, pots, pans, dishes, and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dish washing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around dish area.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Other duties as directed.
· Heat and hold all soups at a safe temperature: out-going hot bar food must reach a temperature of 165 degrees and must be held at a temperature of at least 135 degrees.
· Follow safety, storage and labeling procedures, following FIFO guidelines.
· Prepare items for productions as assigned by Prepared Foods Manager or Assistant Manager
This job operates in a kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals. For safety reasons earbuds are and personal hearing devices are prohibited from use.
Reports directly to Prepared Foods Manager and Assistant Prepared Foods Manager.
· Daily task lists provided at every shift specifically detailing items in order of importance.
· Efficient time management to be able to complete tasks during the shift.
· Commitment to the mission and goals of Weavers Way Cooperative Association.
· Ability to work well in a team setting.
· Ability to communicate with staff and co-operators.
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities and remain calm under stress.
· Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment when necessary.
· Understanding of plant safety and maintenance procedures and of basic functions, controls, and safe operation of equipment.
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Able to sit; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel.
· Knowledge of Weavers Way staff and membership policies.
· Be or become upon hiring a member in good standing of Weavers Way Co-op.