Reports to: Director of Compliance
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full Time
Location/Travel: Based out of Corporate Office in San Antonio
The Revenue Cycle Manager at Empower Behavioral Health (EBH) is a key member of the revenue cycle management team and billing department. This individual is responsible for overall billing and claims support throughout the business.
This role will be working in a fast-paced, growing organization. This position is focused on the ever-growing needs of the EBH billing team in line with the EBH standard of patient care. This position will rely heavily on communication and multi-tasking abilities.
Come join our mission!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, review, and transmit weekly claims
- Complete weekly payment posting and reconciling of Explanation and Benefits
- Pull remittance from payer portals
- Communicate directly with payers to follow up on outstanding claims, file technical appeals, resolve payment variances, and ensure timely reimbursement
- Monitor daily billing functions
- Respond to all medical records requests in a timely manner
- Prepare month-end reports accurately in preparation for the monthly meeting
- Facilitate monthly billing meetings to provide updates
- Research and compile, necessary documentation and complete the appeal process for denied claims, via phone/email with payers, facilitating correct claims if necessary.
- Analyze and manage root causes of denials and develop action plans to improve results
- Escalate any negative trends to the Director of Compliance for review
- Resolve billing-related issues
- Assign the Billing Department Supervisor in supporting the team in various functions
- Ensure all billing standards set forth by EBH are met
- Management Skills
- Planning and Evaluating (Workload Management)
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Oral and Written Communication
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of healthcare professional billing management experience
- Minimum of one year of management or leadership experience in medical billing
- Previous experience with Claim Submission Requirements
- Experience with revenue cycle and how various components work together
- Experience or exposure to any Practice Management Software
- Experience with a large number of taking inbound and outbound calls while maintaining a professional manner
- Experience with Central Reach practice management system
- Experience working in an administrative setting
- Experience working in a growing organization
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified Biller
- Three years of experience in medical billing
Empower Behavioral Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.