The Supervisor is responsible for supporting the General Manager in the restaurant. Responsibilities include shift supervision, training, and leading staff to ensure all guests receive excellent service every time they order at Fuku.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mastery of all Front of House (FOH) and Back of House (BOH) stations
- Monitors FOH and BOH stations to ensure proper execution of station according to Fuku procedure; offers guidance and constructive feedback when necessary
- Ensures proper portioning of all food items; guarantees the usage of recipes and build sheets
- Facilitates Team Member training
- Controls flow of service and supervises restaurant with or without the General Manager and/or Assistant Manager’s presence
- Assists General Manager and/or Assistant Manager in managing labor and food cost through managing waste and proper portioning
- Comprehensive understanding of the Point of Sales (POS) system
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of menu items, ingredients, and allergens
- Guarantees an accurate accounting of all sales transactions, including credit card payments, cash payments and online orders
- Responsible for the supervision and execution of accurate cash handling and reconciliation
- Resolution of guest issues; ensures guest recovery
- Conducts daily line checks and station-specific checklists; submits end of shift logs
- Executes sanitation and food safety standards and ensures DOH compliance
- Ensures proper storage of all food items, labels all stored items, and guarantees proper product rotation using first-in/first out procedures (FIFO)
- Monitors all facility machinery and equipment; reports maintenance issues to management as needed
- Responsible for communicating openly and thoroughly with management and for bringing any concerns to management’s attention immediately
- Provide assistance to Team Members during rush periods
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently occasionally lifting 25 – 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, squatting, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Fuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Fuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Fuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), transgender status or gender dysphoria, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, unemployment status, familial status as that term is described under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City) or other protected status.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school graduate or equivalent desired, culinary school or equivalent experience desired
- Must be able to communicate and understand the language(s) of the work location
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures, safety and sanitation regulations, and knowledge of food and food production
- NYC Food Handlers certification
- General knowledge of food items, spices, ingredients
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a food service or QSR/ fast-casual establishment