This role is responsible for entering and reviewing client requests for payment and reimbursement of foundations expenses. Candidate must possess the ability to grasp private foundation expense (and grant) rules and concepts and apply them to administrative processes. Strong critical thinking and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail are key. The ideal candidate has experience working as a bookkeeper/accountant/accounts payable specialist, is detailed oriented and has a strong aptitude for, and interest in, client expense processing.
Expense Processing - 80%
- Ensuring accuracy and proper categorization of expenses (type of expense)
- Classifying expenses (charitable or investment related)
- Ensuring appropriate expense documentation (invoices, receipts)
- Reviewing each expense for compliance (self-dealing, taxable expenditure)
- Creating records for new vendors, along with ensuring IRS Form W9 is completed for each
- Managing recurring expenses
- Processing batch-expenses, such as credit card payments
- Proper treatment of in-kind expenses and other grant-related expenses
- Identifying status of person/entity being reimbursed (disqualified person review)
Subject Matter Expertise - 20%
- Communication with internal stakeholders and/or clients to resolve potential concerns related to foundation expenses, including documentation for tax preparation and compliance
- Bookkeeping/accounting/accounts payable specialist experience
- 2+ years of experience working with private foundation expense and grant rules
- Ability to grasp private foundation expense (and grant) rules and concepts and apply them to administrative processes
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery
- Must be able to communicate information and ideas so others can understand
- The ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet).
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.