STOKED ON HENHOUSE BREWING!
HenHouse was founded in 2011 in Sonoma County. Our purpose is to produce an amazing and rotating line up of awesome beers with an uncompromising and fearless pursuit of our goals; which are creating new and interesting types of delicious beers with freshness and quality in the forefront, creating meaningful and living wage positions, and to make a difference in our community. Our talented team is committed to making, selling, delivering and serving beer with this intention and purpose in mind.
JOB TITLE: Prep Cook
LOCATION: Fairfax, CA
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
SALARY: $20.00 - $23.00 plus tips
The Prep Cook is responsible for preparing food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for the menu. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
PRIMARY SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is not an exhaustive list of all job functions. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner. Within the HenHouse team, our members always find ways to look after the business, their co-workers, and the beer!
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Able to operate cutting tools and kitchen equipment
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Assist with cold station as needed
- Assist with dish as needed
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a retail/bar atmosphere with outdoor weather conditions and a moderate to loud noise level.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Position is hourly. HenHouse offers competitive wages, initial wage to be determined based on experience. You'll get to work in a fun, fast and stoked work environment. Benefits include: comprehensive health insurance (medical, vision, dental), life insurance, pet benefits, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), 401(K), paid time off (PTO), and more!
JUSTICE, EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY (JEDI)
We strive to create workplaces that reflect the community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that every person brings a unique perspective and experience which enriches and advances our mission to provide Meaningful Employment, Improved Beer Quality for the End Consumer and to Create Wealth for Our Community.
- Proven cooking experience
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Culinary school diploma is a plus
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must demonstrate moderate computer and smartphone skills
- Google Suite proficiency, preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Responsible Beverage Server Certification
- Must have a CA required Food Handler Certification
The traditional methods of performing job functions for this position are reflected below. Reasonable accommodations may be made when such accommodations do not create an undue hardship.
- Must be of legal drinking age (21 years of age) due to exposure and manufacturing of alcohol on the premises
- Able to use hands, arms, and fingers to reach, lift, grasp, carry, open/close, chop, slice, cut, seal, etc.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, capable of communicating vital business information to internal / external contacts. Accurate and clear vision and hearing
- Ability to remain standing for extended periods of time. Job duties of this position are primarily performed from a standing position with significant customer interaction
- Able to lift, carry, move up to 30 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel, talk and hear
Regularly: Stand; Walk; Sit; Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Stoop, kneel, crouch; Talk or hear; Taste or smell;
Vision: No special vision requirements