Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Payroll Manager.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help, and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
Under the direction of the Controller this position coordinates all functions of a Payroll Manager, with a primary focus on the administration of the company’s payroll processing. This position manages all aspects of payroll, to include, but not limited to timesheet verification, payroll preparation and submission, payroll tax reconciliations, state and federal law compliance, ACA and other annual reporting and audit support. The Payroll Manager supports the Sr. HR and Benefits Specialist with benefits administration and coordinates with the HR and finance departments. This individual ensures compliance with reporting requirements as mandated by state and federal laws.
- Process semi-monthly payrolls.
- Maintain payroll software supporting rules and infrastructure. Update for new departments, job costing, supervisors, titles, positions, and provide finance with changes that impact recording in the accounting software.
- Review employee timesheets for accuracy and completeness and ensure proper approval by managers. Adjust for exception coding, FML time, and make corrections as needed to approved time off.
- Set up new time off codes and accruals. Update as needed for annual items such as holiday schedule, expense reimbursement changes, etc.
- Apply for tax ID numbers for various states and taxing authorities (state income tax, state unemployment ID’s, local tax ID’s.) Monitor correct application and tax filing by payroll vendor.
- Answer employee questions about pay statements, time off, time sheet corrections. Assist HR with employee inquiries regarding benefits & various leave options.
- Respond to manager data requests regarding employee pay, overtime, time off, etc.
- Write and generate reports from payroll software.
- Prepare and post all payroll related entries to the general ledger.
- Input employee changes into payroll software each pay period, including updates to 403(b) deductions, new benefits enrollment & terminations, change forms from HR (pay changes, supervisor & department changes, position changes), garnishments and child support withholding orders and IRS lock letters. Review and approve employee-initiated changes to tax withholdings and direct deposit accounts.
- Review and approve employee expenses for accuracy and appropriate supporting documents/invoices. Obtain preauthorization reimbursement form when necessary.
- Assist HR with merit increase process. Update payroll system for annual merit increase changes to compensation and calculate/process all retro pay adjustments. Reconcile new salaries to pay statements.
- Update payroll software for annual benefits elections from open enrollment and assist HR in coordination with carriers as needed. Support HR in review of employee annual benefit elections during open enrollment for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with various tax requirements. Work with HR on employee corrections and changes with appropriate notice.
- Process special payrolls for involuntary terminations, 3rd party sick pay, severance payments, 403b true ups, and pay statement corrections.
- Research various payroll related tax issues and support HR in researching labor issues and new rules/regulations at local, state, and federal levels.
- Provide test selection support for annual audits, including annual financial, 403(b) and worker’s compensation audits.
- Submit Nondiscrimination Testing data for 403(b) Plan and FSA plans.
- Review all tax notices received from various taxing authorities and work with payroll vendor to resolve underpayment notices. Ensure all tax amendments are filed correctly by payroll vendor.
- Colorado Resident
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in payroll accounting, including implementing and administering payroll regulations and policies.
- Expert knowledge of payroll including policy interpretation, taxation, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of HRIS and payroll processing software; Paylocity experience a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, workloads, and deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel spreadsheets, databases, HRIS, and other applications.
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision.
- Works closely with the Human Resources and Finance teams.
- Currently working remotely.
- The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225.
- Work schedule may frequently include some non-traditional hours, weekends, and evening events.
- Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility.
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. The salary range for this position is $84,900 - $108,900 per year.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.