United Way of Connecticut is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. We are conveniently situated right off of I-91, and are close to many shopping plazas, restaurants and public transit.
Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for help. We help people find and access the health and human services they need, including food, shelter, and other basic needs. We respond in the event of weather emergencies, natural disasters and family and personal crises of any kind. We assist parents and caregivers with finding the best child care for their family. If you’re an individual who wants to make a difference in the communities we serve, we have a 2-1-1 Contact Center Supervisor position open on our Health & Human Services team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Supervise the Lead, Senior, and Contact Center Specialists in the day-to-day responsibilities of their job functions.
- Utilize 2-1-1 Contact Center technology to monitor and adjust staff scheduling to meet business needs and optimize client experience.
- Monitor and evaluate client calls and case reviews to ensure appropriate call handling, accurate agency referrals and follow-up procedures. Identify call trends and patterns and propose opportunities for improvement.
- Work with the Director of 2-1-1 Contact Center Operations and Manager of Quality Assurance & Training to identify training gaps and opportunities for staff development.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings and department meetings with staff on an ongoing basis.
- Work with 2-1-1 Contact Center management to set goals, objectives, and strategies for increased program effectiveness.
- Participate in the new hire process by scheduling and conducting candidate interviews.
- Review and ensure timesheets are submitted accurately to Human Resources.
- Prepare and conduct 2-1-1 Contact Center staff performance reviews. Provide timely feedback on performance by meeting with staff on a regular basis.
- Develop staff by providing opportunities to attend internal and external training sessions to refresh, enhance and broaden their knowledge of services provided.
- Provide telephone coverage when needed to keep skills current and enhance knowledge of issues and software functions.
- On a rotating basis, is responsible for after hours and weekend on-call coverage for emergencies and staff vacancies.
- May be assigned to work remotely at outreach events, other agencies or health facilities to provide 2-1-1 information and referrals to clients and staff.
- Attend workshops/conferences and agency initiatives to strengthen skills related to job function and professional development.
The Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
The Pay & Benefits: Competitive $20.00 per hour pay rate PLUS shift differential;
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $3,300 annually).
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan deductible for all full-time positions.
This position is Job Grade 15.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, counseling or related fields required.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in a human services position required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a contact center environment required.
- Minimum of one year’s supervisory experience; or minimum of one year’s experience as a 2-1-1 Lead Contact Center Specialist; or a minimum of two years’ experience as a Senior 2-1-1 Contact Center Specialist.
- Excellent knowledge of contact center technology and supporting software systems.
- Certified as an Information and Referral Specialist (CIRS).
- Certified as a Crisis Worker through AAS.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to carry out job responsibilities with moderate supervision.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment.
- Ability to be available for work outside normal working hours and be available for on-call work as needed over a 24 hour time period.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS October 8, 2019
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.