Vydia is hiring a Junior Software Engineer to join our full-stack development team! Working with our internal stakeholders and impacting the ease and efficiency at which their teams can operate will be highly rewarding for a candidate who enjoys collaborating directly with the clients they impact. In addition to internal stakeholders, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with our music distribution partners (iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Music, etc) and help keep those relationships strong by keeping our platform in compliance with their evolving requirements. You will also develop high-impact, robust features that serve our users and help to them achieve their business goals.
You will be joining a small, but growing team, and will have the opportunity to impact various initiatives the company will have over the next year. This position will work alongside fellow engineers, designers, and product managers to deliver amazing features and products to both our internal stakeholders and external clients. First and foremost, you’ll get an environment where there is an emphasis on individual growth, experimentation, and ownership. You’ll find a team that is focused on creating a great experience for our clients, partners, and coworkers alike. We also believe that work/life balance is key to a productive and successful team.
You should be located in the NY/NJ/PA Metropolitan area to be considered for this position. While the majority of your work can be performed remotely, physical attendance at sprint planning sessions and department get-togethers is preferred.
Vydia is an end-to-end music technology platform that provides labels with the infrastructure and tools to power their business. With a full suite of services, Vydia offers video and audio supply chain, global distribution, performance analytics, rights management, automated payments, detailed revenue reporting, and marketing services. Vydia is a premium partner of leading digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple, TikTok, Vevo, YouTube, and Facebook. Combining innovative technology with industry expertise, Vydia is distribution reimagined. To learn more, please visit vydia.com
- Work within our custom Ruby app to build and maintain features
- Technical Architecture
- Continued enhancement of our Server Monitoring/Logging/Alerting systems
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs
- Work with AWS micro services related to storage, load balancing, serverless architecture, etc
- Perform code review and collaborate with other engineers
- Work closely with Product Managers to meet business requirements
- Hybrid/remote role, must be located in one of these states: NJ, NY, PA
- A friendly, collaborative, and passionate demeanor
- 1+ years of professional web development experience
- 1+ years of experience with Object Oriented Programming languages (Ruby preferred), ORM’s, and PostgreSQL
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc.)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with GraphQL and Typescript
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
Reasons to work with us:
- Vydia has been named Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ 4x due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
- Major growth opportunities alongside the growth of the company; Vydia has been identified as an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America and by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America
- Join a mission-based culture that enjoys giving back to the community through a variety of initiatives that are meaningful to our team members
- Full medical/dental/vision package, 401k retirement, and financial wellness plans
- We invest in your growth and development, providing a professional development stipend for continued education and mentorship to support your career goals
- Hybrid/Remote flexibility to work from home: We’ll ship you a laptop and provide onboarding and introductory materials remotely; Visit offices in Holmdel, NJ, and Los Angeles, CA as needed.
- Generous vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it including maternity/paternity leave
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000 annually; any salary offered will be based on candidate performance during the screening and interview process, which may include questioning of a technical nature and live coding assessments.