The Dallas Sports Commission is a non-profit organization that attracts, retains, and supports sports and entertainment events that position Dallas as the premier sports destination. Our efforts have significantly increased awareness of Dallas locally, nationally, and internationally, and have resulted in the Dallas metro area being recognized as the #1 Sports City in America as voted by The Sporting News.
The Social Media & Marketing Internship Program provides an excellent opportunity for participants to gain experience in event social media as well as the planning, executing, and marketing of sporting events in the Dallas area. Individuals within the program should be prepared to be a key part of the team and to work directly with the Dallas Sports Commission team to ensure a successful event for all partners and attendees.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with the ability to think outside the box and function well in a team environment. This will be a hands-on position in which the more the intern puts into the program, the more he/she can expect in return. The intern will be exposed to various areas of sports management and will have the opportunity to learn more about the sales, marketing, and event management process that the Sports Commission executes in order to attract events to Dallas and ensure that it is a great experience for all.
For more information about the Dallas Sports Commission, please visit www.dallassports.org
· Students must currently be in their junior year or above with a major in Sports Management, PR/Communications, or Marketing are preferred but not required.
· On the job social media experience with extensive knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
· Ability to shoot video and have knowledge of video editing software.
· Photoshop capabilities a plus.
· Ability to multi-task multiple projects and be detail oriented.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Available to work 29 hours per week during regular business hours (9:00am -5:00pm, Monday-Friday); hours are flexible and will be based upon the intern's academic schedule.
· Some night and weekend hours may be required depending on the DSC event schedule.
· Assist with content creation for DSC social media and assist in managing the platforms.
· Schedule and implement a monthly, weekly, daily social media calendar.
· Assist in developing and updating all DSC website content.
· Assist with real time coverage of live DSC events and functions.
· Assist the DSC with overall marketing and publicity of calendar events.
· Interact with our event rights holders regarding the local marketing of their event.
· Assist the DSC at events in promoting Dallas, the Dallas Sports Commission, and future events to help gain community awareness and increased attendance.
· Other duties/tasks as assigned.
Completion of assigned tasks – TBD at internship overview meeting.
Complete a written report of projects upon completion of the internship that meets with the approval of the Internship Coordinator of the respective college or university.
The Dallas Sports Commission Internship Program may include credit hours as determined by the internship program guidelines of the college or university. Interns will receive an hourly compensation in addition to necessary credit hours.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest by Monday, April 3, 2023. Qualified applicants will be scheduled to interview.