Summary: RKSA (Rob Knight Swim America) is accepting applications for the position of Swim Instructor at the swim school location at Four Seasons I, in Bloomington, IL. For the past 30 years, our swim instructors have been teaching students to swim and love the water from babies to adults. We offer flexible teaching schedules on a year round basis for those interested in teaching one day per week up to 3 or 4 days per week, depending on instructors schedule and other commitments including class schedules on a semester basis. The student to teacher ration is 4 to 1.
Qualifications: Interested candidates must enjoy working with children and adults, be comfortable being in the pool (88 degrees) for up to 4 hours at a time, and be able to demonstrate skills being taught to students. If you have a warm, caring, friendly personality and have an outstanding work ethic, we will assist you in becoming an awesome swim instructor. This is a HIGH energy position which is ideal for those with previous teaching and/or coaching experience.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain a fun, safe, and positive learning environment for all students
- Follow the Swim America progression of skills with a focus on advancement to the next level
- Recognize and correct deficiencies of swimmer's skills with feedback and practice
- Evaluate student progress and communicate with deck supervisor for swimmer advancement
- Maintain order and discipline in class for optimum learning environment
- Assist in the set up and tear down of lesson equipment and stations at the beginning and end of lessons
- Demonstrate skills being taught to students or use a student in class, if qualified
- Attend periodic in-services as scheduled by management
- SMILE and display a positive and pleasant attitude working with coworkers and Four Seasons staff
- Own or have access to reliable transportation
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required
- Must have good swimming skills and be able to teach all levels of swim classes.
- Previous swim instructor experience, competitive swimming experience and/or experience with children preferred
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display a passion for health and wellness
- Ability to physically assist swimmers in the pool during swim lessons, including the ability to swim, tread water in the deep end, and freely access all areas of the pool.
- Ability to visually and auditorily monitor swimmers' activities and safety in the pool area
- Able to communicate with staff, members, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing
Working Environment: Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings. Is regularly exposed to the smells of swimming pools and exercise areas. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures and presence of Life Guards.
**NOTE: This is not a Four Seasons position. This position is located within the Four Seasons I Health Club**