Who We Are:
ShineOn is both a custom jewelry manufacturing company and an E-commerce tech startup rolled into one. At ShineOn.com we empower e-commerce entrepreneurs by providing high-margin products, expert training, and an engaging community. Print-On-Demand done right! With positivity, creativity, and community in every order. To date, we’ve made over $200 Million in sales and we are just getting started.
ShineOn believes in putting people first, re-learning continuously, producing excellent stuff, and having fun while we do it! Along with our cutting-edge application, we assist new entrepreneurs to sell customized products without having to build a website and provide best-in-class training and support to our network of over 30,000 affiliates. Sound interesting? We hope it is and maybe you can join us in this endeavor!
As a Tech Lead in the engineering team at ShineOn, you will lead development efforts and oversee major projects to enhance and expand our e-commerce app. In addition to being a hands-on engineer, you will work to support other engineers, UI designers, product owners, and QA engineers with your experience and expertise. Your peers will look to you for best practices, complex troubleshooting, and architectural direction - as we refine our existing app and launch new products and SaaS features.
ShineOn is a rapidly growing print-on-demand manufacturer with a large network of e-commerce merchants using our Shopify App, Etsy integration, and Amazon fulfillment service. Everyday, we produce thousands of highly-personalized jewelry and luxury gift products at our factories in Saint Petersburg, Florida, and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Our merchant partners rely on us to innovate in the viral e-commerce space. Our engineering team builds user-friendly tools to jumpstart e-commerce businesses, publish highly-personalized products to stores, and track and modify orders placed by customers in multiple international markets. We need someone who is passionate about API and application development as we rapidly scale our user-base.
Engineering Tech Lead Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Full-stack experience: This is a full-time+, hands-on coding position. We need Engineers who are voracious learners with a focus on building interactive and optimized product pages.
- Architectural knowledge: As a tech lead, you’ll be heavily involved in decided how projects will be implemented across our infrastructure; including the complexity of app store integrations, AWS infrastructure, and framework decisions.
- Technical mentoring: you’ll help contribute to our team’s professional growth as engineering professionals through holding office hours, individual coaching, pairing, and a general excitement to share your knowledge.
- Consistent communications: You’ll work a consistent schedule but can of course enjoy flexibility when it's needed. A majority of our team operates in the eastern time zone, but we have coworkers all over the world.
- Fully remote: This is a fully remote and geographically flexible role - preference will be given to candidates located near the eastern standard time zone (GMT-4).
Engineering Tech Lead Requirements include:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a relevant field is required
- At least 5 year of previous development experience.
- Experience working as a leader in an agile engineering team.
- Experience developing in Laravel/PHP.
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases.
- Experience working with GitHub/git.
Additional Engineering Tech Lead Qualifications include:
- The following are not required but will get your application lots of attention
- Experience with Jira or Agile engineering teams.
- experience with Figma or other user-interface design software.
- Experience working with Shopify or other e-commerce platforms.
Software Engineers work regularly with the following tools:
- Computers, laptops, etc.
- Shopify, Etsy, and other online sales platforms.
- Confluence, Jira and other awesome programs to keep your stakeholders aligned
- Sorting, scanning & organizing piles of nuggets from multiple sources disseminating information as needed to various teams