Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We seek an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission by supporting our Gift Processing team with excellence, attention to detail, and premier customer service.
The Student Assistant performs essential clerical gift processing duties, word processing, and customer service duties for former students and friends of The Association of Former Students.
Perform specific tasks in support of Gift Processing initiatives.
- Open, sort and code mail.
- Scan all checks and any other documentation in preparation for posting checks.
- Look up donor IDs for the checks that come in without any information.
- Scan Matching Gift forms.
- Scan and deposit all checks using RDC.
- Scan credit card gifts.
- Print envelopes and mail matching gift forms to companies, or if applicable, email or fax matching gift forms.
- Pull and save reports for matching EFTs from the various matching gift companies. Code EFTs by looking up donor IDs and allocations.
- Post matching gift EFTs to database, includes both donor funds and matching gift funds.
- Pull and save reports for matching checks from the various matching gift companies. Code checks by looking up donor IDs and allocations.
- Post matching gift checks to database, includes both donor funds and matching gift funds.
Participate in and provide input on various Association-wide activities.
- Actively contribute to efforts to achieve culture, engagement and fundraising goals.
- Provide on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participate on internal event and task committees.
- Participate in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
Serve as an ambassador for The Association.
- Meet our Team Expectations.
- Support The Association’s marketing, communications, and branding initiatives.
- Foster relationships with students, former students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M.
- Attend external events on behalf of The Association, as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
This description of expected duties is neither all-inclusive nor permanent. Team members may be required to take on additional duties without notice.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
Received: Gift Processing Manager, Coordinator of Gift Processing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Strong attention to detail skills. Ability to operate standard office equipment and software, including Microsoft Office. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to analyze situations under pressure and respond appropriately and professionally. Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Strong commitment to the mission and vision of The Association of Former Students, with the ability and desire to serve as an advocate for the organization and Texas A&M University. High energy level and intrinsic motivation, with a desire to work on a high-achieving team. Availability to work during periods when the Williams Alumni Center is open but school is not in session.
Required: One year in varied clerical work.
Preferred: Business courses at high school or college level. One year in accounts receivable or cash receipts recognition.
Required: Current student enrolled at Texas A&M University pursuing a bachelor or graduate degree.