The purpose of this position is to provide Outdoor Education (OE) class instruction for OE programs, usually schools but not limited to schools. The person in this position will work with the OE Manager in developing new classes and improving current classes. To adapt classes to fit school’s requests and timing, to prepare materials and aid in the set up at the physical location of class as needed. May also support other OE program aspects, if feasible and work with OE team to improve OE programs which support Warm Beach Camp (WBC) environmental stewardship initiatives. This position shall work cooperatively with positive regard for colleagues, guests and supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Program Development, Implementation and Evaluation
- Work collaboratively with OE Manager, OE team and others to improve and develop OE classes and program pieces.
- Develop OE curriculum.
- Collaboratively develop measurements of effectiveness of program pieces.
- Work collaboratively with the OE manager and team to increase effectiveness of all parts of OE program.
- To deliver excellent OE classes with experiential education techniques.
- Work with OE team to build and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and joy in our work, as best we can.
- Collaborate with WBC staff in providing exceptional service to groups.
- Provide safe experiences for guests and staff; adhere to WBCM Safety and Accident Prevention Program.
- Maintain healthy relationships with staff, students, teachers, school administrators, parents, and volunteers.
Facility Care and Development
- Work with OE team to maintain and enhance the interpretive elements of WBC's property with special attention to the wastewater treatment plant area.
- Responsibly care for equipment and supplies for maximum stewardship.
- Serve cooperatively with the WBC program team for the success of all WBC programs and guest groups.
- Obtain and keep current all necessary certifications.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Warm Beach Christian Camps and Conference Center, we exist to provide
Christ-centered environments, experiences and resources to draw people to God through camping ministries, conferences and events.
This is a part time position. Usually during the spring and fall months when schools are in session. Additional programs are likely for other guest groups’ programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Has a sincere love for the Lord and a commitment to the Lordship of Christ in every area of life.
- Desire to inspire the wonder of creation with others.
- Willing and able to work supportively with the education goals and limitations of public schools and private schools.
- Is willing to support the philosophy and goals of WBC and of the Outdoor Education Program in attitude, speech and action.
- Has the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Able to instruct outdoors in all types of weather, using experiential education methods at least two OE class offerings.
- Ability to effectively utilize MS Office and incorporate basic technology in carrying out programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with math. Including math concepts of probability, and fundamentals of scientific process in collecting data and its interpretation and geometry as it applies to compass instruction. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables in scientific processes used in OE classes, as needed.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
First-Aid and CPR certification,
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Outside in various weathers.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee will be asked if interested and available to be cross-trained into other areas of the ministry as needs arise.