Greater Nashua Mental Health is looking for a full-time Therapist to join our Substance Use Disorders team! The Therapist provides direct, evidence-based assessment and treatment to youth, adults and families seeking substance use disorder treatment. Carries a caseload consisting of both adolescent and adult clients for individual and family therapy. Provides group therapy for the Adolescent IOP. Flexibility in schedule, working 3 evenings per week until 7 pm in an office setting.
Greater Nashua Mental Health provides clinical supervision towards mental health licensure in NH, Tuition Reimbursement and is an eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program and the NH State Loan Repayment Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides individual and family therapy for substance use and/or co-occurring disorders to clients for a percentage of time per week as appropriate for position and as directed by supervisor.
- Provides group therapy in the Adolescent IOP using evidence-based curricula.
- In collaboration with the client, and by due date, develops, implements, and reviews the Treatment Plan using appropriate, defined and evidence-based treatment interventions.
- Conducts both intake substance use disorder assessments using for clients seeking services and court ordered evaluations as needed.
- Documents all clinical assessments, progress notes, treatment plans, treatment plan reviews, and other required documentation within 72 hours (with the first being date of service/completion).
- Communicates professionally and effectively with colleagues, collateral contacts, supervisors, etc. regarding client care.
- Prepares for and attends weekly or bimonthly supervision, weekly department and agency meetings.
- Participates in training and staff development activities.
- Manages and responds to email, voicemail, etc. in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Substance Use Counseling, Addiction Studies, Clinical Mental Health, Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or related field Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- 1 to 2 years of clinical experience working with people diagnosed with co-occurring severe mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Licensed in the State of New Hampshire, MLADC preferred, LICSW, LCMHC, LMFT
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with youth and adult clients dealing with substance misuse and dependence issues.
- Knowledge of developmental theory, family dynamics/Systems theory.
- Familiarity with community resources.
- Strong collaborating skills, and an ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible with regard to workload and assignments.
- Ability to exercise sound and ethical judgment.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of ASAM guidelines and follow ethics as provided by National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselor’s Association (NAADAC) and/or NHADACA.
Greater Nashua Mental Health offers competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Apply today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.