FT Staff Non-Union
Facilitate, coordinate, and maximize equitable dental experiences for a group of dental and dental hygiene students and their patient families. Monitor clinical activities and progress of assigned students. Work with the Clinic Lead to assure patients receive timely and excellent patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(1) Assist the Director/Group Leader
- Monitoring clinical activity of assigned students
- Mediating and resolving patient issues, including following up on medical consults.
- Chart audits
(2) Financial Services
- Assist with cashiering responsibilities of accepting and posting patient payments.
- Assist with registration. Assure proper registration including verification and recording of all insurance information.
- Assist in approving and reviewing treatment plans with patients.
- Review and verify daily deposits for accuracy.
- Reviewing and correcting student’s patient’s accounts prior to student’s graduation.
(3) Schedule patient appointments for Corktown and UHC clinics with the goal of maintaining a full and productive schedule.
(4) Patient Care
- Welcome and greet patients presenting to clinic.
- Monitor all patients of assigned students to ensure excellent patient care.
- Answer and return patient phone call in a timely manner
(5) Send correspondence to patients, which include interest letters, warming letters, and dropped letters.
(6) Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED (required).
- A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school (preferred).
- One year to four years dental assistant experience (required).
- Five years to seven years dental assistant experience (preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be competent in dental terminology.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate quality communication skills, including interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Must be able to prioritize work load.
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Must be CPR certified.
Commensurate with experience
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private University, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University’s mission, diversity, and excellence of its academic community. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.