Why clients love us:
We are laser focused on delivering quality and excellence to our clients for their technology modernization needs, business and technology strategy, and cloud transformation initiatives.
We are a nationally recognized Microsoft Partner of the Year and the largest, leading IT service provider headquartered in San Diego. As a Top 1% Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider, with engineers that individually hold over 38 Microsoft certifications, our clients trust us because we are the experts!
The value you bring:
The Technical Procurement Lead will drive procurement revenue growth among current and prospective clients, identifying tailored IT solutions, services, and products to address the unique requirements of our clients. The Technical Procurement Lead will possess a deep understanding of our service offerings and a commitment to ongoing technical learning to effectively showcase the value and alignment of our solutions, even as technology evolves. In this highly customer-facing position, the Technical Procurement Lead will be involved in both presales, sales, and post-sales operations related to the Procurement & Licensing department at Managed Solution.
What you’ll do:
- Consistently achieving revenue goals for Technical Procurement by responding to customer requests and driving customer demand for hardware, software, and cloud licensing.
- Delivering exceptional customer service and high levels of accountability in accordance with the Company’s core values and Customer Principles, including prompt response to incoming calls and emails; appropriate follow-up on all open client returns; and proactive communication as required to advance the sales process.
- Executing sales functions independently and collaboratively with the technical procurement team to provide quoting, purchasing, account management, mailbox/call management, fulfillment, and quality assurance.
- Engage in pre-sales functions to deliver appropriate technical solutions in alignment with client needs: conducting research, configuring products, providing/presenting product information, and working with vendors to secure discounts/special pricing.
- A successful Technical Procurement Lead will have a proficient understand of and the ability to quote pricing for products related to the following technologies: Cybersecurity; Mobile Device Management; Networking topology and components (firewalls, switches, routers); Servers; Wireless technology; Data Storage; VMware and/or other virtualization platforms; Microsoft 365 and Azure.
- Act as subject-matter expert for internal teams and on presales calls regarding the above solutions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development, continuing to learn new products/solutions to provide quotes, deliver technical specifications, and discuss value propositions related to new technologies.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as company values.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
What makes you a fit:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English), along with strong organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- The ability to build relationships with clients and internal personnel; develop a professional rapport; make effective presentations (in person and in remote/hybrid environments); persuade, overcome objections; and maintain a dynamic and professional demeanor.
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills, with ability to work effectively as part of a team or autonomously.
- Adherence to tight service level agreements (SLAs), prioritization, and deadlines, including proactive communication around turnaround timelines.
- The ability to lead technical sales conversations with an inquisitive approach.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills with a track record of successfully developing action plans and driving issues to resolution in a fast-paced environment.
- A bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to six years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in selling computer technology, with a strong knowledge of IT products and services.
- Exposure to Enterprise markets is beneficial.
- Microsoft Licensing Specialist and technical certifications and expertise in other areas highly preferred (Azure, Office 365, Server, SPLA, Datacenter, Devices & Deployment, Planning Services, VLSC & Partner Network). Technical and Solution Sales Certifications from Partners highly desired (DELL, AWS, StorageCraft, Fortinet). Certification achievement may become required for ongoing employment.
- Previous experience with Quoting & Contract Management software required, Cloud Portal Management (CSP,O365,AWS&Azure) highly desired.
- Strong proficiency in common business applications (e.g., Office365, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Excel).
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
Why our employees love working here:
We believe our strength comes from our differences, and we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both.
From providing our employees the time to pursue Microsoft certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations, we believe this is where healthy and happy employees thrive.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Core Values:
- Innovation – We are dedicated to consistently delivering creative excellence by having a ‘yes- to- what’s-next’ attitude
- Integrity – We are honest with everyone, take ownership even in the face of failure and do the right thing even when no one is looking
- Teamwork – We collaborate and support each other’s contributions for one clear common goal resulting in success
Inclusion & Equal Opportunity Employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Managed Solution are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
At Managed Solution we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 lbs. Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone. The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Shift + Availability Requirements: Monday through Friday, hours to be agreed upon based on Company needs. Company operates in Pacific Time Zone, though some scheduling flexibility may be offered for employees in other regions.
Compensation & Benefits*
Base Wage Range: $31.25 to $41.00 per hour
Managed Solution considers a range of factors when determining an appropriate wage. Such factors include but are not limited to: years of related experience, industry knowledge, formal education, relevant certifications, and geographic location. Wages are paid as earned and in accordance with Company policies.
- PTO – earn up to 10 days in year 1; 15 days in year 2; and 20 days in years 3+
- 401k – Eligibility after 90 days; Managed Solution matches 50% of your first 6% in contributions, starting after 90 days
- Holidays – Managed Solution celebrates 7 paid holidays each year
- Plus, 1 Floating Holiday per Year… and 2 After 5 Years of Service!
- Medical, Dental, Vision – Managed Solution pays 80% of the employee cost on the base plan + 15% of dependent costs on the base plan (Optional Flexible Spending Account for eligible Health Care or Dependent Care costs)
- Telemedicine options: “see” a medical provider from anywhere, over the phone, 24/7
- $100K Life/AD&D policy provided for all employees, free of charge!
- Employee Assistance Program – free financial consultation; counseling services; 24/7 traveler’s assistance; and more!
- $80/Month Cell Phone + Internet Reimbursement
*All Company compensation and benefits programs are subject to Company policy and plan documents and are subject to change at Company’s sole discretion.