REMOTE /CUSTOMER SUCCESS /FULL-TIME
All roles at BackBox are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
As the leading Intelligent Automation platform, Backbox is changing the way organizations manage and monitor their Security and Network infrastructure. Offering a single, centralized solution to manage all security and network devices, the BackBox solution automates all operational activities including orchestration, backup, recovery, asset management, security audits and capacity optimization for over 180 technology vendors ensuring an improved security posture by enhancing operational efficiencies, infrastructure reliability and visibility while reducing overall risk.
As a global organization with representation around the world, BackBox supports customers within every major geographical region and industry, resulting in exposure to a variety of environments and unique customer requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for providing internal sales teams and external prospects and partners with technical product guidance and architecture. You will be leading pre- and post-sale discussions, answering questions, describing functionality, understanding customer networks, and listening to customers that are interested in engaging in a trial or purchase.
You will develop and cultivate relationships where your role is to ensure customers and partners are connected to our product, our employees, and the world class processes needed to deliver a consistent, predictable engagement with high quality. You will work with customers and BackBox employees to ensure customers’ issues are resolved in a timely manner to meet their expectations and requirements for the sale of the products.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Performing technical pre-sales support demonstrations of BackBox products.
- Provide installation services, sometimes onsite, for proof-of-concepts, trials, or Customer purchases.
- Some travel may be required (approximately 25%) to accommodate customer on-site visits when necessary for services where onsite support is required, or the customer has engaged in onsite services.
- Manage pre-sale customer issues, escalating to Engineering when appropriate.
- Leading and conducting customer and partner webinars.
- Responding to technical questions or challenges presented by customers during evaluations, including any mitigations or workflow ideas that may help customers save time and money.
- Collaborating with all other BackBox Employees, when necessary, for assistance with customer questions or issues and dispersing knowledge within the organization.
- Maintaining and continually increasing your knowledge and understanding, not only of BackBox, but network interaction and products.
- Training other team members and departments, when necessary, for example sales, renewals, support, and marketing.
- Understanding, refining, defining, and documenting customer requirements, including the configuration and troubleshooting of customer issues.
- Working closely with marketing on upcoming engagements and events.
- Providing timely customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams on features and functionality.
- Collecting pertinent information from customers to understand use cases, requirements, and criteria to win a customer’s business.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Producing knowledge base articles and documentation material.
- Occasional training delivery duties may be required to address learning needs for new employees or internal/external customers.
How success will be measured:
- Standard KPIs and metrics, for example case volume, time to respond, correctness of the solution provided, and time to close.
We’re looking for:
- 3+ years supporting a network application, preferably in the network administration market or at a SaaS company.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing role, building relationships with customer stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in a network engineering, architecture, support, or network design capacity.
- 3+ years of experience working in a Security/IT Infrastructure environment.
- 8+ years of experience in Networks / Network protocols and Server experience.
- Extensive knowledge of networks, firewalls, VPNs, and network troubleshooting.
- Linux OS knowledge, preferably CentOS, as well as scripting skills.
- Outstanding verbal & written communications and strong listening skills, particularly in the technical network IT environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and service orientation skills, demonstrating a positive, can-do attitude, often having to quickly apply business aptitude and rapidly understand complex topics.
- Excellent problem-solving in a distributed network environment, multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Scripting experience.
- Experience developing and delivering technical training to internal and external audiences.
- Experience with common network protocols, upgrades, endpoints, and network terminology such as TCP/IP based networks, SNMP, SNMP Traps, Syslogs, ICMP, and LDAP.
- Experience navigating and logging into Linux based servers and fundamental configuration file structure.
- Certifications such as CCNA, MCSA OR MCSE are also desirable.
- Previous experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Where you’ll be working:
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified.
If you thrive working in a small company, growth environment and you are passionate about helping customers and companies solve problems, we look forward to hearing from you! BackBox is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with talented people who are passionate about building a company by which all other companies are measured. We are a company comprised of experienced individuals and proven leadership that is looking to take BackBox to the next level.
If you have what it takes, please submit your résumé and cover letter to BackBox. Please note BackBox is currently not accepting third party resumes.
BackBox is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. BackBox is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.