Avesta Housing is seeking an organized, hard-working team player to fill our need for the position of full time landscaper | snow removal hand crew in our Greater Portland locations. This position will provide routine and new grounds keeping services for our properties ensuring that grounds are safely maintained. In the winter months, landscapers will plow, remove snow, shovel, sand and salt walkways. In the warmer months, landscapers attend to lawns and landscape, rake, mulch and sweep walkways, perform maintenance to landscape structures, and cut lawns using hand, power or riding mowers.
About Avesta Housing
Avesta Housing is a local leader in housing development, property management, and assisted living solutions. Founded in 1972, our nonprofit organization serves individuals and families in need of quality affordable housing in Maine and New Hampshire.
What it’s Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to housing equity and inclusion for all. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others and strengthening our communities through affordable housing gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta Housing being a popular place to work.
- Valid driver's license.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous landscaping experience preferred.
- Ability to make decisions and use sound judgement.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal English.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software as needed.
- Comfort with technology in general to work with Agency tools and systems.
- Flexible with work schedule; willing to work long hours, evenings, weekends and overtime (especially during winter months).
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position. This position starts at $18.00/hour.
Click HERE to view the full Landscaper job description.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental wellness services for benefits-eligible employees
- 13 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application.