At Devon Bank, we believe that if you care of your community, your community will take care of you. We are a full-service community bank located in one of the most diverse areas in the country.
Our mission has always been to be the bank that the neighborhood needs—to tailor its service offerings to the particular wants of the community. This means that in addition to offering business and personal banking, commercial, real estate and mortgage loans, trust and international services, electronic banking services from online banking and bill pay to ATM/Debit Cards and Mobile Banking, we also offer customized products, such as faith-based financing.
We are seeking a customer service representative to join our dynamitic retail team (Must be able to train at our Chicago location for up to 90 days)!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior banking personal service to Devon Bank’s diverse customer base.
- Multi-task into the role of teller, ITM banker and assist with Safe Deposit responsibilities.
- Meet Bank sales goals and expectations within the Bank’s overall Sales culture including generating new business to assist in meeting the bank’s profitability goals.
- Analyze and take ownership of new and existing customer requests to uncover financial goals and recommend appropriate products and services to fit their needs.
- Performs all responsibilities associated with opening and closing consumer accounts, maintenance changes to accounts and safe deposit account opening.
- Mortgage referrals/Commercial referrals/Wealth Management referrals/Treasury Management referrals.
- Understands, adheres, and complies with all bank policies, CIP procedures, compliance regulations. Act to minimize risk and loss exposure to the bank.
- Responsible for balancing cash drawer with no errors
- Provide dual control for opening and closing of the Safe Deposit and Cash Vault.
- Respond to phone inquiries and requests from customers including internal departments.
- Assist with daily voicemail log and email responses.
- Participates in various bank related sponsored events.
- Complete all bank assigned online training courses in the allotted time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; College degree a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of Teller/Customer Service Representative experience at a bank is a plus.
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to meet sales objectives.
- Team player
- Professional presentation
- Flexible with scheduling, dependable attendance and punctuality required.
- Work in Glenview and Wheeling locations as assigned.
- Must be able to train at our Chicago location for up to 90 days.
EOE AA - Devon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HumanResources@devonbank.com or you may call us at (773)-465-2500.