BlueWave has an immediate opening for an Interconnection Engineer (Transmission) who will be responsible for supporting PV and ESS projects through the RTO interconnection process. This role requires an electrical engineer with experience in managing generator applications through RTOs (ISO-NE/NYISO/PJM/MISO/CAISO) interconnection processes and running and overseeing power flow analyses. This position reports to Managing Director, Grid Integration (GI) and will work closely with the Grid Integration engineers through the lifecycle of the interconnection process for various RTO projects.
BlueWave's vision is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects. BlueWave has developed and built more than 150 MW of solar projects to date and is actively developing battery storage projects to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid more than 144,000 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, cell phone reimbursement, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Supporting site acquisition with information on grid capacity
- Developing single and three-line diagrams transmission-level Interconnection Applications
- Running power flow analyses of utility scale projects for different scenarios of congestion constraints
- Maintaining knowledge tariffs and technical standards at the utility scale projects
- Analyzing Feasibility, System Impact and Facility Studies from the RTOs for cost reductions and time reduction of upgrades
- Informing design and decisions for projects in queue
- Negotiating system upgrade alternatives for cost, and timelines
- Negotiating RTO level Interconnection Service Agreements
- Performing site visits periodically over the course of the projects
- Tracking technological advancements and drive adoption, as applicable
- Supporting pre-construction team with interconnection requirements
- Supporting construction team with equipment changes and RTO schedules
- At least 5 years of experience with relevant interconnection work
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering required
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or relevant power-related field is preferred
- Strong experience in ISO-NE and NYISO is preferred
- Strong analytical capabilities
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.