The Senior Project Manager administers assigned project(s) from ramp-up to completion; planning and executing the projects within the terms of the signed agreement ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget. The Project Manager is responsible for running multiple technology and low voltage projects consisting of new customer locations, relocations, decommissions, re-configurations, and technology rollouts for clients around the country. This includes overseeing the structured cabling, network equipment installations, phone installations, and other network technologies that may be introduced into the client’s environment. Individuals must exercise discretion and independent judgement.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external resources to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained and act as the primary contact for the client.
- Negotiate and source vendors with proper skill sets to complete the assigned projects. Follow the project through its life-cycle to a successful deployment and completion.
- Lead project kick-off meetings with our vendors to ensure proper initiation of a given project. Provide our vendors with all necessary information, supplies and specifications to complete every project correctly. This includes, but is not limited to; SOW’s, purchase orders, install manuals, install check sheets, materials, adequate tech support and instructions to complete the project.
- Maintain accurate and detailed information on projects; job progress, photograph files, daily tracking reports and job costing. Communicate regularly throughout the project with assigned technicians regarding job progress, issues and concerns.
- Provide regular and timely project updates to all assigned customer shareholders and key internal NDI employees and complete weekly project progress reports as needed. Monitor profitability for all assigned projects daily and immediately escalate any below margin projects to the Manager, Account Rep and/or Sales Manager.
- Upon project completion, work to get invoices from our vendors and verify all costs are on the project. Work with the Accounting Department to invoice the project in a timely manner and within the guidelines established by the bid.
- Work with NDI’s ERP and CRM systems to enter projects and PO’s, track costs and project progress, and invoicing.
- Can handle large and multiple projects.
- Have extensive knowledge in the low voltage and technology field.
- Able to train and assist other employees within the department on the Matrix-NDI standards and processes.
- Able to train and assist other employees in field related processes and procedures.
- 10 years’ + experience in network technology project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Knowledge of network components and connectivity.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient time management skills; sense of urgency.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work flexible hours and available after hours/weekends if required to meet project completion dates.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD
- 50% 401(k) Match
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Quarterly Food Trucks
- Referral Bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Matrix NDI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination against race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.