STOKED ON HENHOUSE BREWING!
HenHouse was founded in 2011 in Sonoma County. Our purpose is to produce an amazing and rotating line up of awesome beers with an uncompromising and fearless pursuit of our goals; which are creating new and interesting types of delicious beers with freshness and quality in the forefront, creating meaningful and living wage positions, and to make a difference in our community. Our talented team is committed to making, selling, delivering and serving beer with this intention and purpose in mind.
JOB TITLE: Host
LOCATION: Fairfax, CA
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time or Part-Time/Non-Exempt
SALARY: $17.06/hr + tip
The Host is responsible for greeting. The plan is to have someone work a host/greeter position at the front door to check anyone entering during patio hours.
PRIMARY SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is not an exhaustive list of all job functions. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner. Within the HenHouse team, our members always find ways to look after the business, their co-workers, and the beer!
- Acts friendly and sincere with all customers
- Greets & welcome customers when they enter the pub and seats them at tables
- Provides customers with menus
- Maintains a list of available tables and ensures tables are not empty for more than five minutes
- Maintains a waiting list when necessary
- Accurately quotes a waiting time to all customers
- Speaks with customers to ensure satisfaction with food and service, or to respond to complaints
- Answers telephone calls and responds to inquiries or transfers calls as appropriate while effectively dealing with customers as they arrive
- Maintains contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that details are handled properly and customers’ concerns and requests are addressed
- Completes side work before pub opens or when manager requests
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a retail/bar atmosphere with outdoor weather conditions and a moderate to loud noise level.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Position is hourly. HenHouse offers competitive wages, initial wage to be determined based on experience. You'll get to work in a fun, fast and stoked work environment. Benefits include: comprehensive health insurance (medical, vision, dental), life insurance, pet benefits, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), 401(K), paid time off (PTO), and more!
JUSTICE, EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY (JEDI)
We strive to create workplaces that reflect the community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that every person brings a unique perspective and experience which enriches and advances our mission to provide Meaningful Employment, Improved Beer Quality for the End Consumer and to Create Wealth for Our Community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Structure and content of the English language including the meaning of words and grammar
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for dealing with the public and waitstaff
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, takes time to understand the points being made, and asks questions as appropriate
- Actively looks for ways to help people
- Work as a team member
- Communicate information in speaking so others will understand
- Speak clearly so others can understand you
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Be tactful without offending others
- Understand another’s situation and feelings
- Explore new approaches to doing things
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must demonstrate moderate computer and smartphone skills
- Google Suite proficiency, preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Responsible Beverage Server Certification
- Must have a CA required Food Handler Certification
The traditional methods of performing job functions for this position are reflected below. Reasonable accommodations may be made when such accommodations do not create an undue hardship.
- Must be of legal drinking age (21 years of age) due to exposure and manufacturing of alcohol on the premises
- Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, capable of communicating vital business information to internal / external contacts. Accurate and clear vision and hearing
- Ability to remain standing for extended periods of time. Job duties of this position are primarily performed from a standing position with significant customer interaction
- Able to lift or carry 30 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel, talk and hear
Regularly: Stand; Walk; Sit; Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Stoop, kneel, crouch; Talk or hear; Taste or smell;
Vision: No special vision requirements