Job Title: Donor Services Associate
Reports to: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt, Annual Full-time
Pay Tier: 5
Compensation: $40,000-$48,000/year depending on qualifications, competitive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, voluntary supplemental benefits, 401(k), vacation, sick time, personal time, and paid holidays.
Posted: March 28, 2023
Application Deadline: open until filled
Desired State Date: ASAP
A member of Trinity Rep’s five-person Development Team, the Donor Services Associate advances fundraising and builds positive patron relationships on behalf of the organization. This position serves as a lead administrator and super-user for Trinity Rep’s fundraising database, managing all aspects of and ensuring accuracy of gift and patron data, acknowledgment, solicitor and moves management tracking, donor benefit fulfillment, and development reporting. The Donor Services Associate works with the Director of Development to manage Annual Fund activities, supports the Development Team in staffing cultivation and fundraising events, and reconciles financial information with the business office. The ideal candidate will be self-starting, highly organized, and detail-oriented; have strong problem-solving skills; and be able to effectively communicate with a variety of constituencies and build strong relationships on behalf of the organization. Minimum requirements include three years of professional fundraising and/or sales experience and experience working in a customer relationship management system or similar relational database (Salesforce or PatronManager preferred) (or an equivalent combination of education and experience); proficiency in Microsoft Office (or equivalent software suite); and an interest in the arts. Familiarity with accounting preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
Data Management and Integrity
- Serve as a lead administrator and super-user for Trinity Rep’s fundraising database.
- Manage and maintain the integrity of development (donor/prospect, gift, and relationship) data in PatronManager CRM system.
- Process, qualify, and record donations from all sources in PatronManager; manage installments and recurring payments; submit deposits to business office; generate timely and accurate gift acknowledgments and tax receipts; generate pledge reminders and invoices; maintain current relationship management notes in the system.
- Create, maintain, and execute reports that track fundraising progress and facilitate analysis of patron engagement.
- Track contributed revenue and generate reports on behalf of and for the Development Office: these include monthly cash and pledge allocations, special event income, contributed revenue information for grant applications, and campaign reports. Produce financial reports for auditors.
- Reconcile monthly income with the business office and produce all necessary contributed income reports that are required for the annual audit process.
- Mine, manipulate, and merge data from nonconforming data sets.
- Maintain an accurate and current development database and paper and electronic filing system.
- Secure and maintain certified administrator status in PatronManager. Participate in relevant external PatronManager/Salesforce user groups to stay informed of best practices and standards, as well as new tools that may create efficiencies and improve fundraising efforts.
- Support colleagues in their use of PatronManager, communicate system updates/changes, and assist with questions and problems.
- Maintain standard operating procedure documentation for development processes and data.
Donor Support Services
- Steward relationships to build strong, positive, lasting connections between the donor and the organization.
- Ensure fulfillment of donor benefits, providing prompt, courteous service.
- Provide ticketing assistance for Trinity Rep’s VIPs (Inner Circle donors and other high-priority patrons), serving as a point-of-contact for ticket purchase/exchange assistance for their Trinity Rep tickets and assisting with securing tickets for theaters in New York.
- Analyze fundraising/giving trends and work with the Development Team to identify opportunities and strategies for reaching constituencies. Track giving results from all constituency groups.
- Manage Annual Fund activity according to strategy and schedule established by the Director of Development, including: Preparing segmented lists for appeals, recording progress against targeted asks and projected amounts, supervising logistics for online and direct mail appeals, and updating relationship managers and solicitors on donor activity as appropriate. Working with the Director of Development to grow Trinity Rep’s recurring giving and text-to-give programs, including idea generation, analytics, and reporting.
- Maintain up-to-date donation acknowledgements and communications for giving across all platforms (automatic emails, hard copy letters, confirmation letters), and serve as the organization’s primary contact for donor questions regarding annual giving.
- Create briefing materials to support prospect/donor visits.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Create prospect lists and profiles for the Annual Fund and other campaigns as needed.
- Track gifts from donors under management and communicate their giving to appropriate staff.
- Pull and manage segmented lists for donor recognition, development mailings, and e-communications.
- Support Development Team in making thank you and qualification calls.
- Identify and reconcile errors and misunderstandings with donors in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Provide staffing support for fundraising and cultivation and stewardship events to inspire and build interest in and enthusiasm for supporting Trinity Rep.
- Record minutes for development- and event-related committees of the Board.
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices.
- Understand and effectively communicate the mission, programs, and values of Trinity Rep.
- Support general fundraising projects and tasks as needed.
- Support Trinity Rep in fostering our core values of Company, Community, and Education and in our work to become an anti-racist institution.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of three years of professional fundraising and/or sales experience and applicable relational customer database experience (or a combination of equivalent experience and training). Strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills. Close attention to detail and exceptional time management. Skilled multi-tasker, able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure of deadlines. Able to handle donor information with sensitivity, respect, and accuracy. Familiarity with financial management and/or accounting preferred.
Excellent, persuasive, and diplomatic communicator with the ability to positively interact with, effectively share information with, and respond to questions from patrons, colleagues, and managers in writing, by telephone, and through face-to-face conversation. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate information about development procedures and operations to managers and colleagues. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write business correspondence, reports, and procedure manuals, and to present numerical data in a clear and accurate manner.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide figures and to calculate percentages, discounts, and interest. Ability to understand and apply concepts of probability. Ability to project future giving.
High degree of integrity and professionalism, respecting confidential donor information and relationships. Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to identify priorities, develop strategies, manage multiple tasks at once, and keep track of and meet deadlines and goals. Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to collect and interpret data and information, establish facts, define problems, and draw reasonable conclusions. Ability to interpret technical instructions in narrative, mathematical, or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency in customer relationship management and/or fundraising database software (SalesForce or PatronManager preferred); internet software; spreadsheet software; word processing software; and email software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to 75% of the time.
- Must be able to move about inside an office space and theater spaces to access file cabinets, office machinery, converse with and greet patrons, etc.
- Must have the physical ability to regularly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e. photocopier, computer printer).
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs and move about multiple times daily to navigate theater.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with patrons, staff, and other constituencies. Must be able to exchange information, discuss, express oneself, and communicate in a tactful manner.
- Must be able to observe physical body language and non-verbal cues.
- Must have the physical ability to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds for office functions and event set-up.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All employees are expected to follow Trinity Rep’s COVID-19 Safety Plan and Protocols. All employment is contingent upon proof of full, up-to-date vaccination against COVID-19. Medical and religious exemptions to vaccination requirements will be granted and reasonable accommodations provided under applicable law.
- This position works in an open office setting. While occasional remote work is possible, this position requires a regular onsite presence.
- Trinity Rep is a collaborative work environment, and employees are expected to be open and willing to collaborate across departments and teams.
- Trinity Rep is on an active and ongoing journey to be anti-racist organization, advancing anti-racist policies and practices, and fostering and sustaining a culture that values community, social justice, and equity.
- Employee must be able to work evenings and weekends up to 5% of the time.
Trinity Repertory Company is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse, equitable, and anti-racist environment. For information about Trinity Rep’s commitment to antiracism, please visit www.trinityrep.com/antiracism.