The person in this position will be part of a team that provides outstanding experiences for individuals and groups to grow through the experience of adventure and aquatics programs. The members of this team will serve as adventure guides through team building activities, climbing tower, archery tag and/or life guards during swim and canoeing sessions. They will be scheduled according to their specific training and skill levels to fill work shifts within these classifications and certifications. All team members are expected to maintain an environment of professionalism, safety and fun. This person shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior toward co-workers, supervisors, volunteers and guests. Regular attendance is essential for this position. Adherence to a published, departmental schedule is expected and required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
AQUATICS (demonstrated upon training):
- a. Demonstrate effective patron surveillance of up to 100 swimmers with the aquatic team.
- b. Demonstrate competency to recognize and respond to emergency situations.
- c. Able to properly open and close up aquatic environments
- d. Able to identify and manage environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- e. Competent in ability to instruct participants in canoe procedures, pool rules and/or basic swim instruction.
ADVENTURE GUIDE (demonstrated upon training):
- a. Demonstrate competency to belay/spot elements and team building activities.
- b. Demonstrate proper set up of gear/equipment and procedures for assigned activities.
- c. Competent in ability to instruct and supervise participants on different challenge course elements and activities.
- d. Demonstrate the ability to see and manage inherit risk to minimize the risk of injury.
- a. Responsible to perform assigned duties in a safe and efficient manner in harmony with the Food Service Team.
- b. Know safe food handling practices and follow them. (must have valid food handlers’ card).
- c. Work as a team to ensure the daily setup, monitoring and cleanup of customer contact and back of house work areas:
-Setting tables, buffet lines, salad bar and drink stations consistently, according to set standards.
-Stocking, restocking and serving foods, beverages, snacks and supplies as needed, to ensure exceptional guest experience.
-Cleanup of dining room, kitchen, serving areas and dish room.
- b. Prepare, deliver and set up and clean up of Outcamp locations, Snack/Catering requests and special events.
- a. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise in Accommodations and/or Grounds Keeping. This may include duties such as cleaning sleeping and meeting rooms, setting up tables and chairs in meeting areas. Assist in mowing of lawns, landscaping and weed control, irrigation and watering and misc. maintenance duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Warm Beach Christian Camp and Conference Center, we exist to provide Christ-centered environments, experiences and resources to draw people to God through camping ministries, conferences and events.
This is a part-time or contract, seasonal position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Timeliness, able to start and end shifts on time.
- Ability to use good judgement.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Willingness to learn and open to constructive feedback.
- Work collaboratively as a team.
- Communicate professionally and respectfully with co-workers and guests.
- Be respectful to leadership.
- Be flexible with job assignments, willingly accept tasks.
- Physically perform job requirements in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Keep certifications up to date.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
None required other than certifications (see below).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current CPR/First Aid or ability to obtain
Current Lifeguarding Certification from approved organization or ability to obtain
Current Food Handlers Card
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly stand; walk and/or sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and on occasion lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly talk or hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.