Come work for Episcopal SeniorLife Communities, one of the Top Workplaces for 2019! We offer amazing benefits, including 401K with employer match and competitive wages.
JOB SUMMARY: The Wellness Coach and Community Liaison 2 is integral to ESLC’s Neighborhood Program at Beatrice Place and is responsible for programming, leading and facilitating activities within ESLC’s Neighborhood Program at Beatrice Place. The Wellness Coach and Community Liaison 2 is also responsible for working cooperatively with individuals to review and understand their overall health status and to identify goals and specific support services to enhance the individual’s wellbeing. The Wellness Coach and Community Liaison 2 is a core member of a collaborative support team that involves health care providers, natural supports and other community support providers and is responsible for assuring that there is adequate coordination, appropriate communication, and optimal cooperation between all sources of support and services for the individual.
POSITION REPORTS TO: This position reports to the Executive Director, Beatrice Place.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Administer wellness assessments
• Establish individual wellness goals that are client-centered and holistic
• Monitor and evaluate wellness goals at regular intervals to assess progress and changing intervention needs
• Document assessments, goals and progress, and coordinate the sharing of such information with individual’s support team, primarily through ESLC’s electronic medical records and database management systems
• Identify unmet needs of individuals and help to coordinate the delivery of services to meet such needs
• Assist individuals in identifying barriers to accessing resources and solutions to overcome such barriers
• Advocate on behalf of individuals if needed
• Assist individuals in making meaningful social connections, when appropriate
• Work within a team environment and in the interest of furthering the mission, purpose and activities of the Neighborhood Program at Beatrice Place
• Provide input for, coordinate, and/or lead or facilitate group programming for seniors, such as activities to promote wellness, as part of ESLC’s Neighborhood Program at Beatrice Place
• Participate in community activities to promote and advance ESLC’s Neighborhood Program at Beatrice Place
• Keep abreast of current wellness-related resources for seniors
• Complete any and all required documentation pertaining to the job functions and be able to meet all required timelines in accordance with program needs and regulations
• Other duties relating to the essential job functions as assigned or required
• Flexible, organized and efficient, with the ability to exercise independent, sound judgment and to manage multiple tasks
• Evidence of creativity
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Valid New York State driver’s license with a clean driving record and willingness to drive vehicle to transport members of Neighborhood Program and ESLC residents
• Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public
• Possess computer skills (Microsoft Word, Office and Publisher) as well as exhibit capacity to learn new programs such as electronic medical records and database management
• Valid and current certifications in exercise instruction are desirable
• This position may/will be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings
EDUCATION: Higher education (post high school) in a wellbeing related field, such as community development, recreation therapy, social work, nursing, or physical or occupational therapy, or five years of experience in providing health and wellness programs for seniors
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
• Ability to maintain effective and professional relationships with individual and other members of the care team
• Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the needs of seniors
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively engage individuals in a therapeutic relationship
• Ability to create and nurture relationships by telephone or in person
• Understanding of community based and other social support services as well as healthcare services that respond to the individual’s needs and preferences and contribute to achieving the individual’s goals
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires occasional walking and standing. The ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The ability to work in a variety of office settings and to occasionally visit patients in their home is required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The majority of essential job duties are performed indoors, in a normal office environment. Being located at the main entrance of the building may expose the employee to drafts and temperature fluctuations.