PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full time experienced Nurse Educator - Pain Management Care Navigator.,
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provides general health education and direct nursing care for patients and their families, and participates in community outreach events and alternative off site locations.
- Communicates and works in partnership daily with health care team and PTHA personnel on patients’ status and provision of health care and education.
- Carries out preventative, diagnostic, and therapeutic procedures, including triage and assessment of patients of all ages, and administers medications, treatments and IV starts, as ordered or directed and completes documentation by end of day.
- On a weekly basis, performs intensive medical care management on high-risk patient findings (abnormal results) and reports outcomes /findings to provider within two business days.
- Provides patient education on chronic conditions including but not limited to tobacco cessation, cancer, diabetes, asthma, COPD, heart disease, obesity and various topics at patient or provider request.
- Assess, plans, modifies and evaluates the care of at risk patients (ie: cancer, diabetes, heart disease) for the purpose of assuring the achievement of clinical outcomes.
- Evaluates problems associated with actual or potential risk of a substance use disorder or addiction.
- WA State Registered Nurse license
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Three years nursing experience including demonstrable knowledge and experience in patient health education
- Experience with community outreach, prevention, education events or activities
Candidates must also meet one of the following specialty requirements:
- OB: Three (3) years’ experience in maternal/child health required.
- Pediatrics: Minimum two (2) years Pediatric inpatient or outpatient experience.
- Tobacco: Prior tobacco cessation, patient health education and direct patient care experience required. Must have certification in Tobacco Cessation or have ability to obtain certification within one year of hire. Must be tobacco free for at least nine months and must remain tobacco free for duration of employment.
- Care Navigator: Minimum one (1) year intensive case management experience in acute or ambulatory setting.
- Educator: Minimum two (2) years’ combined experience with diabetes education, tobacco cessation and cancer navigation required.
POSITION CLOSES: September 4, 2019