Location: N.Y. - Multiple Locations - Monroe, Wayne, and Ontario Counties*
Shift/Hours: Full-time based on business needs.
Reliant Community Federal Credit Union, ranked one of Rochester's top mid-sized companies six years in a row, is seeking a Mortgage Originator to serve our members in our Monroe, Wayne, and Ontario County area branches.
The Mortgage Originator participates in the daily origination of residential mortgages including but not limited to discussions and interviews to evaluate needs, explain mortgage programs, match needs to credit union products, and assist with residential mortgage application process.
Reliant offers an excellent work environment based on Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork (ART), along with an exceptional benefits package, including:
- Ability to work remotely
- 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% employer match, plus a 3% safe harbor contribution
- Affordable Insurance (as little as $1/month!)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Branded Apparel
- Competitive Wages
As a Mortgage Originator at Reliant, you will:
- Achieve defined mortgage production goals.
- Participate in the daily origination of residential mortgages.
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timely origination of residential mortgage requests and related documentation.
- Prospect, develops and maintains active, ongoing referral relationships with realtors, attorneys, branch staff and other key constituent groups to develop and source business.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of the mortgage industry and mortgage lending practices. General knowledge of secondary market underwriting and other quality standards. Functional understanding of FHA, VA, SONYMA, USDA and conventional mortgage program guidelines.
- Ability to work outside of traditional office hours.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Demonstrated record of positive customer service performance.
- Minimum of 3 years secondary market mortgage origination experience desired.
- Established referral source network required.
- Experience with mortgage Loan Origination System required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Use keyboard, monitor, telephone, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to travel within the Credit Union's geographic service area, with a valid NYS driver's license and dependable transportation.
Candidates considered for hire are subject to credit and other employment reference checks.
Reliant Community Federal Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA Disability/Veteran. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 800-724-9282 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.