Brentland Woods is hiring Resident Care Aides for:
JOB SUMMARY: The resident care assistant will provide personal care services, assistance, support and supervision to residents. The resident care assistant also will provide housekeeping services to residents and assist with activities and food service.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Resident Care Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist residents with daily grooming, bathing, dressing as needed.
• Assist in the development and updating of each resident’s care plan.
• Provide ADL assistance to residents via Optimus system.
• Straighten residents’ apartment daily and make bed.
• Respond to all PERS alerts via the company pager in a timely manner. Make sure pagers remain on site and are turned over to a responsible person on each shift.
• Strip and remake residents’ bed weekly.
• Do personal laundry for residents weekly or as required.
• Assist residents with picking up trash and disposing of expired food in the apt.
• Monitor changes in residents’ appetite.
• Serve residents’ meals from kitchen as needed.
• Assist in the dining room during meals as needed.
• Assist with the activity program, conduct activities as directed by the activity coordinator or assigned by supervisor.
• Assure residents get to appointments, activities, and meals.
• Provide one-on-one support/visitation to assigned residents as needed.
• Encourage and/or remind residents to participate in activities.
• Encourage socialization among residents.
• Communicate all pertinent information to other staff in a timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong team approach to working with other staff. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public. This position will be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings.
EDUCATION: Must possess high school diploma or equivalent with reading, comprehension and writing ability at 12th grade level or higher. Certification as a Home Health Aide (HHA) or Personal Care Aide (PCA) is required. Basic First Aid is also required.
EXPERIENCE: Experience or interest in working with older adults.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires lifting, bending, walking and standing. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 50 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of essential job duties are performed indoors as well as in resident areas where universal precautions apply. Employee may be exposed to indoor temperature fluctuations.