Assist The Association Events Department with set-up and tear-down of meetings, special events and conferences. Provide exemplary customer service to the campus community and guests in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Essential Functions: Assist the Association Events Department with set-up and tear-down of various events.
- Assists Events staff as instructed with preparing rooms for meetings, events and conferences including the delivery, set-up, tear-down and storage of equipment such as tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, and other items as needed.
- Provides equipment instruction and assistance to clients before and during events.
- Serves as an event monitor who is accessible at all times by client to troubleshoot and resolve technical and non-technical issues that may arise.
- Assists events staff with maintenance and tracking of equipment and supplies.
- Updates class schedule with manager each semester to discuss availability for this on-call as needed position.
- Work required events including: Board and Leadership Council Meetings, Annual Distinguished Alumni Gala, Football Home Game Days and Aggie Ring Days which occur in April, September and November.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities:
- Actively contributes toward efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Provides on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participates on internal event teams and task committees.
- Participates in Association events, including but not limited to Aggie Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
Serve as an ambassador for The Association.
- Meet our Team Expectations.
- Support The Association’s marketing, communications, and branding initiatives.
- Foster relationships with students, former students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M.
- Attend external events on behalf of The Association, as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
This description of expected duties is neither all-inclusive nor permanent. Team member may be required to take on additional duties without notice.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Required: Organized, detail-oriented and resourceful, with good problem-solving and decision-making skills. Reliable, punctual, flexible and willing to assist with a variety of tasks. Have excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on customer service. Have familiarity with Microsoft Office. Be familiar with Texas A&M campus and surrounding area.
Available to work events, some of which include: three Board Meetings, Annual Distinguished Alumni Gala, GatheRing, Former Student Reunions, a portion of Home Football Games. Ability to work multiple semesters.
Required: Current student at Texas A&M University.
Required: Be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. Be able to stand for a minimum of three hours.
Received: Manager of Events.