Join our growing service team! Compu Dynamics has an immediate opening for an HVAC Helper working out of our Lanham, MD office. This position starts at $16.00 per hour.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Understands basic refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, troubleshoots; uses manifold gauge set, and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance; understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging.
2. Understands basic electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits; ability to read basic wiring diagrams; understanding of Ohms Law; ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values.
3. Understands basic heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot; understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
4. Perform routine preventative maintenance.
5. Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients, vendors and colleagues; works to establish a positive working relationship.
6. Provide timely and complete documentation of work performed.
7. Operates vehicles and other equipment safely; adheres to safety protocols; reports hazards and risks; behavior contributes to a safe and secure working environment.
Corresponding military codes: 120A, 1161
Compu Dynamics offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with dollar for dollar company match, various voluntary benefits, Employer paid life insurance, 7 Holidays, up to 3 weeks accrued PTO, Birthday off, Volunteer time-off, Paid Parental Leave, etc.
Compu Dynamics, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and motor vehicle check.
Required Education and Experience:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. 0-5 years’ experience in the trades
3. Enrolled in an HVAC school/apprenticeship program within 1 year
4. EPA/Universal Type I within two years
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. HVAC school graduate
2. Maintenance experience
3. Construction experience