**CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD**
Company Job Title: COMET Program Manager (contingent upon award)
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
Status: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
The Command Maintenance and Evaluation Team (COMET) program is an activity of the United States Army Forces Command (FORSCOM) Deputy Chief of Staff, G-4 to establish teams that serve FORSCOM organizations with logistics expertise and logistics training to improve Soldier forces and capabilities in support of the National Security and Defense Strategies and sustainment of unit combat readiness. Will provide training and assistance to aid in meeting Army objectives for deployment, conduct logistics training, assess equipment readiness and provide corrective solutions to systemic problems.
General Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Manager will be responsible for logistics coordination and facilitating briefings, meetings, teleconferences, and other forms of communication or exchanges between FORSCOM G4 and Contractor personnel located at the various service locations. The PM shall have full authority to act on behalf of all matters relating to daily operation of this contract. The PM shall be available between the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, except federal holidays or when the government facility is closed for administrative reasons.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must possess five (5) years’ experience in functional areas, that include:
- The Army Maintenance Management System
- The Army Materiel Maintenance Policy
- Supply Policy Below the National Level
- Using Unit Supply Systems
- Physical Security
- Environmental Programs
- Proficiency in the following Logistics Information Systems:
- Global Combat Support System – Army (GCSS-ARMY)
- Decision Support Tool (DST)
- Standard Army Ammunition System Modernization (SASMOD)
- Theater Operations Automated Movement and Identification Solutions (TC-AIMS)
- Very Small Aperture Terminal (V-SAT)
- Strategic Support Area Business Reporting Environment (SABRE)Viz
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledgeable in, but not limited to:
- Army Logistics Publications
- Army Award for Maintenance Excellence.
- Drivers Training
- Product quality deficiency and/or improvement reports
- Administrative storage of materiel
- National Maintenance Program
- Ground Safety Notification System
- Property responsibility
- Management of Class I, II, III, IIIP, IV, VIII
- Hazardous Materiel
- Communications and Electronics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- A minimum of five (5) years knowledge of military logistics management and operations
- A minimum of five (5) years project management experience.
- A minimum, five (5) years’ experience in management of tasks involving the sustainment and maintenance of Army supplies and equipment.
- They shall possess the ability to communicate directly to, and through correspondence, with senior Army leaders to include General Officer.
- They shall possess experience in the analysis of command logistics programs to include shortcomings, development of corrective recommendations and presentation of findings to the senior leadership for decision.
- Knowledge of Army regulations, field manuals, tech manuals, Safety of Use Messages (SOUMs), Maintenance Advisory Messages, etc.
- High degree of technical and management expertise in tactical logistics operations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Clearance
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Clearance
- May be required to travel CONUS/OCONUS to attend meetings, conferences, training, and support to FORSCOM elements located on TRADOC installation based on closest regional proximity of the COMET team.