The Research & Development CAD Designer will be responsible for the creation of part files, drawings, and BIM objects for new products. They will collaborate with Product Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers on product development and improvement projects according to product requirements and specifications. They will make recommendations to continuously improve our CAD/PDM systems.
· Create Parts Files for new Schluter Systems products
· Take requirements and guidance from Engineer to produce various designs
· Incorporate materials properties
· Run simulations
· Print prototypes for evaluation
· Maintain strict organization of Schluter Systems CAD files per internal document control standards and policies (e.g., revision control, approval workflows, etc.)
· Represent Schluter Systems L.P. in a professional, positive and enthusiastic manner in all matters
· Basic understanding of ASME drafting standards and geometric dimensioning & tolerancing
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to plan and execute a variety of tasks and deliver quality results in a timely fashion
· Must be able to approach challenges independently, while still asking for guidance or support as required
· Must thrive in a collaborative environment, capable of working within teams to achieve common goals
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Generous PTO
· 10 Paid Holidays
· Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· Guaranteed Biannual Bonuses
· 401k with Company Match
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Annual Raises
· Room for Advancement
Schluter Systems is a family-owned and internationally renowned company that has been rapidly growing over the last 10 years. The Schluter brand is backed by a team of people working together to create a line of innovative products that provide solutions to the tile industry. We’re looking to build our team with individuals who like to think BIG, and want to be part of what makes our products-- extraordinary. We are a company that treats its employees, suppliers, and customers as long-term partners. Where success is built on a win-win philosophy and everyone should benefit.
"Profit is not the goal of the business. Profit is the consequence of a job well done" Werner Schluter, Founder
Are you interested in a truly unique and special company? Hear from our employees on what it means to be part of the Schluter family: http://www.schluter.com/careers . Then if you’re ready to see life in Orange, talk to us about this career opportunity at Schluter Systems.
Schluter Systems L.P. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.