The Event Coordinator supports the marketing team’s efforts in planning, development and implementation of both internally and externally focused events of varying sizes and purposes. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
- Research and facilitate reserving venues and other services (Ex: catering, AV, speakers)
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning
- Maintain event budgets by obtaining estimates, tracking expenses, monitoring invoices, and facilitating payments
- Communicating to team any updates, concerns, and arranging details
- Assemble documents and materials needed and/or requested for the events
- Attending events to ensure event goes as planned; solving problems that may arise
- Perform post-event tasks such as event debrief, invoice reviews, and documenting issues and resolutions
- Identify best practices and processes to aid in the continual improvement of all event experiences
- Other duties as assigned to support the Marketing, Sales, and HR teams
Post-secondary education in Event Management, Hospitality, Communications, Public Relations, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Advanced competency using Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- A keen eye for details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of personality types
- Well-developed administrative, organizational, and time management skills
- Quick to understand UNICO's business and event platforms
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- Typical schedule will be Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm.
- The schedule is dynamic and variable, based on event demands, some evening and weekend work is required
- Involves repetitive tasks and requires you to be on your feet for a long period of time
- Must be organized and dependable
- Primary work location: Lincoln, Nebraska
- The ability to transport, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds is an essential job function. This position is involved in event implementation and requires the physical demands needed to independently move tables, assemble event displays, transport food/beverage supplies, and setup tents
And, above all, we look for team members who embody our core values: Professional. Team Player. Positive. Trust.