Company Overview: Margaritaville and Landshark is a warm and inviting place where people from all walks of life come together to create paradise. We offer an exciting employment experience where creating and delivering fun and escapism for our guests is the goal we seek to exceed every day. We are one of the top employers due to our competitive wages, benefits packages, and the opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team. 90% of our team members say, "I Love My Job" and 92% say they are proud to work for Margaritaville and Landshark.
Benefits: Weekly Pay, Staff Member discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Fun upbeat working environment, Career Growth, 401K Matching, Paid time off, and more!
Job Overview: Responsible for general cleaning and re-stocking of all areas of the bar, and maintaining guest service areas by performing the following duties:
- Ensures proper sanitation standards by maintaining cleanliness of bar, glassware, utensils, counters, and ashtrays.
- Cleans up spilled drinks, excess liquid, broken glass, other debris, etc. in a timely manner.
- Possesses full knowledge of food and beverage products served and utilizes suggestive selling techniques.
- Delivers food and beverage in a timely manner as needed.
- Gathers and clears all tableware soiled through use and delivers to dishwasher.
- Maintains adequate supply of ice to all bars, changes empty beer kegs, BIB soda boxes, and sour mix.
- Stocks the bar initially with liquor, beer, wine, juices, mixes, glassware, utensils, cocktail napkins, garnishes, etc. and provides aid to the bartenders in re-stocking and maintaining par levels of those items.
- Assists with receiving of alcoholic beverage products.
- Maintains adequate supplies of garnishes by cutting fruit on a regular basis.
- Opens all new glass cases and stacks them as they are being washed.
- Cleans and stocks the supply room where all bar products are stored.
- Checks dishwashing specifications and knows how to assemble/breakdown glass washer.
- Puts out sanitizer buckets with clean towels for cleaning purposes.
- Keeps all trash cans behind bars clean; brings in empty cans after trash pickup.
- Assists bartenders with cleaning and breakdown of the bars at the end of each shift.
- Assists management in training new Staff Members within their department, when applicable.
- Provides friendly, courteous service to guests, bartenders, and server staff.
- Completes all opening, running, and closing duties as assigned.
- May be required to mix or pour drinks as needed.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- One year experience as a barback/bar porter or working in some aspect of the food and beverage industry (high-volume environment preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 100% of working time standing, walking, and reaching.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English)
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes.
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels.
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently required to wash hands and/or wear gloves.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and guests.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas or instructions by the spoken word.