Come Smile with Us!
Delta Dental of Iowa invites candidates for Technology Operations Administrator I to install, configure, and maintain company workstations and applications. This is an opportunity to serve as the lead for managing the service desk. You will ensure operational indices are monitored and action taken if needed. You will administer procurement process, inventory, licensing, and workstation automated installs. You will also assist with vulnerability management, patching, imaging, email and telecom support.
You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving with a range of devices. You collaborate well with teams, are a fast learner and great communicator who can support the IT needs of users with varying technical backgrounds. You stay up-to-date with current technological trends and successfully establish ongoing relationships with end-users, business partners, and vendors.
Why Delta Dental of Iowa?
For your smile. For your health. For your community.
At Delta Dental of Iowa, we’re more than just a dental and vision insurance company. Improving health and wellness is at the center of everything we do. As a not-for-profit, we aim to build stronger communities by investing in actions that promote and improve health. Delta Dental of Iowa invests 40% of our dollars directly back into the communities we serve.
Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Together, we can make a difference – not only in Iowa but across the country.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Lead the service desk by assigning and managing tickets.
- Support various hardware platforms including but not limited to workstations, tablets, peripherals, telephones, headsets, and audio/visual.
- Support various software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, office suite, email client, PDF editor, anti-malware, encryption, and file archiver.
- Support and maintain cloud resources.
- Monitor and report on daily, weekly, and monthly operational indices. Create follow-up tasks to address any issues found.
- Maintain vulnerability, patching, imaging, automated software installs and inventory systems (assets/licensing).
- Assist in supporting email and telephony systems.
- Manage the hardware and software procurement process.
- Operate and maintain Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Act as liaison between employees, business partners, and outside vendors to assist in providing technical support and reaching established business goals leveraging technology.
- Provide on-call support when necessary.
- Strictly adhere to company procedures and guidelines in all facets and maintain confidentiality.
- Encompass industry security best practices in all aspects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Windows OS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication & soft skills to work with management, end users and technical vendors on support issues.
- Ability to work independently, lead or work as part of a team to achive assigned tasks.
- Experience preferred with Jira, Office 365 and/or other cloud platforms.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.