Doing retail better. This mantra has guided NewMark Merrill over the last 40 years: through changes, challenges, varied economies and industry disruption. We hold true to our core beliefs of connecting with communities, creating authentic environments of unsurpassed opportunity for tenants and sharing our passion for retail real estate with innovative team members.
With offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and Chicago, NewMark Merrill owns and manages more than 10 million square feet of retail assets comprised of over 2,000 tenants across 80 cities.
As a boutique-sized firm, we offer both the benefit of large portfolio economies of scale paired with agile decision-making capability and individualized attention from senior leadership.
By combining close relationships with communities, hands-on engagement with our merchants and shoppers, and industry leading investments in technology and data collection, we provide the insights that help ensure our tenants have the tools to succeed in our centers.
The combination of understanding the communities we serve, and world class technology allows us to maximize value and create exceptional experiences that convert visitors into loyal customers.
Our people are what make NewMark Merrill the successful and innovative company it has become. With an unwavering commitment to the success of our partners, the communities we serve and the development of our people, we have created an authentic and proactive culture that sets NewMark Merrill apart.
At NewMark Merrill Companies our Property Managers have the role of being the head of operations for the centers they oversee. This includes oversight of the physical parts of the center, but just as importantly, you are responsible for getting to know the tenants, identifying what makes the successful tenants successful, and what we can do to assist the less successful. We want you to know the community leaders, engage with our shoppers, and work with marketing, technology, accounting and leasing to make sure we always deliver an environment that we are proud of.
Our Property Managers spend no time on rent collection, and less time on accounting, but much more time in understanding what makes our neighborhoods work and helping to ensure our centers hold a special place in our customers’ hearts.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise property management operations by tracking property activities via monthly open items lists based on the asset’s stated business plan and financial objectives to maximize the effectiveness of operations, leasing, marketing and promotional activities. Understanding of and competency with the firm’s proprietary property management portal.
- Understand the significant issues affecting a property’s performance and the respective tenant lease responsibilities. Develop and implement operational plans and actions that will achieve or surpass cash flow objectives and maximize the asset value while complying with established company objectives.
- Maintain personal contact with tenants, vendors and owner representatives to ensure tenant satisfaction, resolving issues in a professional and timely manner and oversee activities to promote solid, reliable relationships with tenants, vendors and the surrounding community.
- Attend all merchant meetings and marketing events. Partner with the Marketing Directors and distribute marketing newsletters and memorandums.
- Assist leasing with prospective tenant space showings. Coordinate the placement of leasing signs. The Property Manager should be familiar with the provisions of a NNN lease.
- Ensure compliance with codes, regulations and governmental agency directives, including environmental compliance.
- Evaluate service contract requirements and oversee tenant improvement projects, prepare specifications, obtain/evaluate bids, negotiate and manage vendor contracts and monitor vendor performance through regular inspections.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies in person or by phone depending on the severity of the situation.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience and 3+ years of Retail Property Management Experience.
- Outstanding client service focus. Responsive to needs tenants and the community.
- Thinks outside the box to create extraordinary outcomes.
- High integrity with a diligent work ethic.
- Desires opportunities for professional growth.
- Team/people oriented.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Good communicator in the written and spoken word.
- Have strong computer skills – social, EXCEL, WORD, OUTLOOK and comfortable with technology. Is excited and curious about Prop Tech.
- Must possess a California Real Estate Salesperson license.