Why clients love us: We are laser focused on delivering quality and excellence to our clients for their technology modernization needs, business and technology strategy, and cloud transformation initiatives. We are a nationally recognized Microsoft Partner of the Year and the largest, leading IT service provider headquartered in San Diego. As a Top 1% Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider, with engineers that individually hold over 38 Microsoft certifications, our clients trust us because we are the experts!
The value you'll bring: As a member of the managed services team, the Network Engineer provides network design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting for Managed Solution’s clients. The Network Engineer works in an integrated capacity with client technical teams, spending significant time onsite at client locations, data centers, and other physical locations as needed to implement, optimize, and maintain client networks. Essential functions include:
- Provides advanced application and infrastructure support, network administration, and systems management across one or more environments, providing remote and onsite support on behalf of managed services clients.
- Available to coordinate Managed Solution efforts during network outages, maintenances, implementations, and other activities that may require work during weekends, evenings/overnights, and available to respond to escalations/client issues, as part of an on-call rotation.
- Configures, implements, maintains, and troubleshoots LAN/WAN, SD-WAN, routing, switching, VPN, firewall, and VoIP equipment, including a broad range of devices (Cisco, Meraki, Fortinet, etc.)
- Designs network solutions that maximize network performance, achieve organizational needs, and adhere to security and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure network connectivity of appropriate devices, servers, telephony equipment, etc., including management of client remote work and BYOD initiatives, in accordance with client needs and security policies.
- Secures client networks by implementing and enforcing appropriate security protocols, in coordination with client Points of Contact.
- Coordinates with client points of contact and Managed Solution teams to resolve issues and provide proactive communication regarding network incidents, outages, and maintenances.
- Communicates with client vendors to establish root cause and coordinate resolution for outages and other issues on the vendor side.
- Diagnoses and resolves network related issues such as slow internet speeds, connection drops, Wi-Fi issues, and site to site VPN tunnel disconnections.
- Proactively implements security patches and coordinates with Backup/Disaster Recovery team members as necessary to ensure continuity and security within client environments.
- Adheres to client service level agreements and team performance goals while prioritizing, resolving and/or escalating issues in accordance with Company policy.
- Communicating technical information clearly and effectively over the phone, in person, and in writing to English-speaking clients.
- Effectively documenting client communication, network/system configurations, and resolution efforts via internal ticketing system in accordance with Company standards.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, and integrity while accessing client data/systems and supporting mission-critical environments.
- Mentors and provides training to internal team members regarding networking protocols, tools, policies, and incident response best practices.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Work Location: This position will require the Network Engineer to go onsite to client locations, datacenters, and other physical locations as required. Remote work flexibility may be offered on an occasional basis in accordance with Managed Solution policies.
Shift + Availability: Business hours based in Mountain Time Zone, with regular schedule Monday through Friday. This position will require availability to coordinate Managed Solution efforts during network outages, maintenances, implementations, and other activities that may require work during weekends, evenings/overnights, and availability to respond to escalations/client issues, as part of an on-call rotation.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, as well as 5+ years of network engineering and advanced troubleshooting experience (networking, server/OS, desktop, virtualization). Equivalent combinations of education and/or experience will be considered. Previous experience in a multi-client Managed Services and/or Managed Security Operations Center helpdesk environment is strongly preferred.
- Certifications from Cisco (CCNP, CCIE, Cisco Meraki Solutions Specialist), Fortinet (Fortinet NSE 5+), or other related vendors highly desired and candidates may be required to obtain/maintain such certifications for continued employment.
- Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining corporate network environments, including advanced troubleshooting, configuration/implementation of network devices, and successful resolution of network issues, outages, and security incidents.
- Demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining SD-WAN.
- Demonstrated ability to manage networks in accordance with applicable data privacy, security, and company policies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide outgoing, enthusiastic customer service with a drive to deliver exceptional service to both internal and external team members.
- Demonstrated history of taking ownership/accountability of assigned tasks.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills; experience prioritizing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and the ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Strong proficiency in network implementation, configuration, and management, including: routing, switching, firewalls, WAN/LAN/VLAN/SD-WAN, VPN, and VOIP.
- Strong knowledge of Network Monitoring, and Endpoint Management tools: Perch, LogicMonitor, SentinelOne, etc.
- Strong proficiency in server management, Office365 administration, and troubleshooting required. Additional knowledge of public/private cloud (e.g., Azure) and virtualization technologies a plus.
- Strong level proficiency in Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
- Previous experience working within ticketing systems required (Connectwise preferred)
The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to frequently lift and maneuver 10 pound objects and occasionally lift and maneuver 50 pound objects; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Why our employees love working here: We believe our strength comes from our differences, and we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both. From providing our employees the time to pursue Microsoft certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations, we believe this is where healthy and happy employees thrive.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Core Values:
- Innovation – We are dedicated to consistently delivering creative excellence by having a ‘yes- to- what’s-next’ attitude
- Integrity – We are honest with everyone, take ownership even in the face of failure and do the right thing even when no one is looking
- Teamwork – We collaborate and support each other’s contributions for one clear common goal resulting in success
Inclusion & Equal Opportunity Employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Managed Solution are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
At Managed Solution we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation + Benefits:
Base Wage Range: $36.00 to $48.00 per hour
Managed Solution considers a range of factors when determining an appropriate wage. Such factors include but are not limited to: years of related experience, industry knowledge, formal education, relevant certifications, and geographic location. Wages are paid as earned and in accordance with Company policies.
- PTO – earn up to 10 days in year 1; 15 days in year 2; and 20 days in years 3+
- 401k – Eligibility after 90 days; Managed Solution matches 50% of your first 6% in contributions, starting after 90 days
- Holidays – Managed Solution celebrates 7 paid holidays each year
- Plus, 1 Floating Holiday per Year… and 2 After 5 Years of Service!
- Medical, Dental, Vision – Managed Solution pays 80% of the employee cost on the base plan + 15% of dependent costs on the base plan (Optional Flexible Spending Account for eligible Health Care or Dependent Care costs)
- Telemedicine options: “see” a medical provider from anywhere, over the phone, 24/7
- $100K Life/AD&D policy provided for all employees, free of charge!
- Employee Assistance Program – free financial consultation; counseling services; 24/7 traveler’s assistance; and more!
- $80/Month Cell Phone + Internet Reimbursement
*All Company compensation and benefits programs are subject to Company policy and plan documents and are subject to change at Company’s sole discretion.