REVELXP is currently looking for a passionate and growth minded individual to work with our finance team to lead monthly and annual accounting close cycles and implement financial reporting standards. As the Accounting Manager, you will report to and support the Sr. Director of Accounting in building out and executing the accounting processes for our company. In addition, you will supervise other members of the accounting team and serve as the lead tax preparation accountant and engage directly with the company’s CPA firm on tax return preparation and financial statement audits. The successful candidate will be motivated by the pursuit of excellence and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Lead the monthly accounting close process and coordinate tasks and timelines with other accounting team members and with consolidated entities (Rhino and Tailgate Express).
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of REVELXP financial statements (income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements) and preparation and reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform and review balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare audit work papers and lead the REVELXP response to the annual financial statement audit process.
- Lead REVELXP actions necessary to comply with changes in accounting standards [e.g. the Lease Accounting ASC 842 Project (asset and liability re-statements relating to operating leases).]
- Prepare tax work papers and lead REVELXP preparation of all schedules and disclosures required for income tax returns.
- Prepare and file all non-income, non-sales taxes (i.e. personal property, franchise, and excise taxes). Monitor sales tax requirements by state and local jurisdictions and monthly sales tax returns prepared by service provider.
- Perform and oversee daily and weekly analytical tasks to ensure reconciliation of cash accounts by monitoring bank accounts and credit card processor transactions.
- Manage process improvement initiatives intended to make REVELXP accounting more efficient and effective and lead projects that result in greater accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of reported results.
- Lead the development of and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures.
WHAT MAKES YOU A GREAT CANDIDATE?
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum (5) years in full-cycle general ledger accounting environment or minimum (3) years in an accounting firm auditing clients with at least $50M in revenues
- Direct experience recording transactions and making adjusting entries
- Direct experience producing financial statements, closing books, and supporting those activities
- Prior supervisory or management experience
- Problem solving and process improvement skills
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and operational initiatives.
REVELXP is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Basic term life/AD&D/short term disability/long term disability provided
- 401k option
- PTO commensurate with tenure
REVELXP is revolutionizing the sports and entertainment industry by reimagining gameday and redefining non-gameday experiences for more than 50 partners, hosting a million fans, and participating in thousands of events annually. We are looking for innovative self-starters who want to be a part of an organization that is reshaping fan experience across the nation.
Our best asset is our people. We invest in our people and expect them to invest in us. We hire people who understand what it means to serve a client. We believe in doing the right thing and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We are a family and we want our clients to think of us as partners, not vendors. We want to help them innovate and be better every day. If you have a passion for hospitality, service and revenue generation, and like the excitement of a fast-paced, fun environment, we want to hear from you!