JOB SUMMARY: The environmental service worker is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and organization in all areas of Brentland Woods & Rockwood Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Clean and sanitize first floor restrooms twice daily.
• Vacuum lobby and front foyer area, living room and elevators.
• Clean glass on front doors.
• Vacuum hallways and sitting areas on all floors, as needed.
• Vacuum and dust living room, library and sitting areas.
• Empty garbage as needed.
• Empty recycle bins as needed.
• Keep overall room free of clutter.
• Keep janitor sink clean as needed.
• Clean beauty salon floor weekly.
• Clean staff bathroom daily and as needed.
• Vacuum offices as needed.
• Dust office equipment as needed.
• Notify residents of cleaning schedule.
• Vacuum, mop, dust, sanitize kitchen and baths in each scheduled apartment.
• Steam clean carpets and upholstery as instructed.
• Perform special cleaning assignment for apartment turnover. Assist with tables, chairs and other necessary furniture (coat rack, wastebasket, etc.)
• Assist with clean-up after events
• Properly dilute and use all chemicals daily, in accordance with procedures.
• Wear protective gloves when performing various tasks.
• Report any hazardous conditions or equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
• Stock necessary supplies
• Respond to housekeeping emergencies.
• Be supportive of residents by offering direction and conversation.
• Assist residents with problem solving, as appropriate.
• Respond to resident emergencies by informing appropriate staff.
• Attend departmental in-services, staff meetings and required facility in-services.
• Wear departmental uniform on a daily basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to give and receive both written and oral directions. May be required to lift, push, pull and/or move equipment, supplies, etc. in excess of 50 pounds throughout the workday. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public. This position may/will be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings.
EDUCATION: A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent education.
EXPERIENCE: Six months’ environmental services experience preferred, preferably in a health care setting.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires occasional walking and standing in and around the reception area, and lobby. Must be able to regularly lift loads of 30 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of essential job duties are performed indoors, in a setting with loud equipment and machines. Being located in the laundry area may expose the employee to elevated temperature fluctuations.
This position will be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings.