The Senior Credit Analyst performs as a Department subject matter expert and go-to contact for Credit Analysts for advice and training. His/her key responsibilities include analyzing and decisioning transactions, primarily on an App-only basis, in accordance with AmurEF’s credit policies and procedures. This activity entails reviewing a variety of structured (credit reports, bank statements, etc.) and unstructured (borrowing trends, relevance of derogatory information, etc.) data; identifying and filling relevant information gaps; developing a holistic view of the applicant’s credit profile; and issuing proper decisions with the highest level of accuracy and consistency. The Credit Analyst is also responsible for discussing credit decisions with the Originations Department, addressing credit-specific questions from other Departments and championing new productivity-enhancing processes and technologies.
Flexible 40+ hours ending daily at 8:00 p.m. CST.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent 3 to 5 years related financial experience preferred.
- Recommended time frame of 2+ years in Credit Analyst Position. Associate's degree or equivalent 2 to 5 years related experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional PC skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite as well as customer applications and systems
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative, accountability, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ethical Conduct
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Ability to prioritize effectively