SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
JOIN CANNON as a CIVIL ENGINEER SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER in IRVINE. Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is a top bicycling city with miles of on-road bicycle lanes and mountain bike trails. It is one of the safest communities and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
CIVIL ENGINEER SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER JOB SUMMARY
As a California licensed PE, responsible for project management, managing budgets, preparing engineering reports and analyses, designing and preparing plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of clients and great Public Works projects. Assignments may include mentoring less-experienced team members on AutoCAD Civil 3D. In this role, the Project Manager may also be responsible for obtaining new business (seller-doer).
CIVIL ENGINEER SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER JOB DUTIES
- Concurrently manages a variety of civil engineering Public Works projects.
- Tracks project scope, budgets and schedules to ensure fulfillment of contract commitments and profitability.
- Effectively manages quality assurance and quality control.
- Uses technical knowledge to prepare PS&E for transportation (roadway and intersection widening, street rehab, streetscape improvements, complete streets, etc.), storm drain (hydrology and hydraulics), water quality BMPs, sanitary sewer, and water pipelines.
- Primary interface with clients on project coordination and design and follow-up to ensure quality standards are met, efficiency levels are maintained, and client satisfaction, respect and confidence are assured.
- Directs/mentors project engineers and design engineers on technical matters and procedures and acts as a technical resource to staff.
- Establishes and fosters client relations and develops letter proposals (scope, schedule and fee estimates).
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college.
- A California P.E. license.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Civil Engineering specifically pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Minimum 4 years’ of project management experience pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Experience managing project budgets.
- Previous experience working with the City of LA preferred.
- Working knowledge of typical computer software programs used in civil engineering design (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Hydrology and Hydraulic, AES, WSPG, Flowmaster, etc.).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- A proven track record and strong desire of providing superior client service and delivery.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time within budget.
- Experience in staff management, mentoring and resource management.
WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance, excellent benefits package, remote work flexibility, and an active and positive team building, work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity, M, F, disability, protected veteran status