Hand to Hold® is a national non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides compassionate in-person and virtual support to NICU and bereaved parents before, during and after a NICU stay. All programs are designed with the emotional, physical and social needs of NICU families to help them feel more secure during a highly stressful time. This early intervention mental health support is available at no cost to NICU families across the United States.
As a 2022 & 2023 Best Place for Working Parents® business, our dynamic, growing organization seeks a Finance Associate to join our team in Austin, TX. Reporting to the Chief Operating & Finance Officer, this person will manage daily accounting and financial transactions, playing a vital role in supporting the organization’s annual budget of approximately $3M.
This person will be responsible for ensuring that our day-to-day accounting and finance operations run smoothly in order to strengthen Hand to Hold’s finances and leverage the organization for continued growth and success. Supporting the COO/CFO, this candidate will have responsibilities in grant and fund accounting, contract billing, budgeting, banking, preparation of reports, and maintenance of records. Personal experience with Hand to Hold’s mission is a plus.
Accounting & Reporting
- Oversee the general bookkeeping of the organization, including, among other things, journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable and reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Ensure that all financial activities involving grant funds awarded are accounted for in compliance with grantor’s rules and Hand to Hold’s financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for departmental leadership, Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Alongside the COO/CFO, prepare & monitor short- and long-term cash flow analysis.
- Assist the COO/CFO with the preparation of documents for the annual filing of IRS Form 990 and similar entities/filings
- Respond to inquiries from vendors, funders, partners and internal staff re: financial matters.
Budget Drafting & Management
- Assist the COO/CFO in drafting annual budgets as well as variance analysis and reporting for internal tracking.
- Provide grant and project-based budgets, and strategic support in fundraising efforts as requested.
- Support leadership in proactively identifying and implementing process improvements and actionable remedies that optimize efficiencies and improve the quality of financial analysis.
- Maintain compliance with all documentation of our fiscal policies and procedures.
- Monitor accounts payable and receivable to ensure that all payments remain timely and up-to-date
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records and review them for accuracy
- Work with Development team to ensure adherence to nonprofit donation acknowledgement tax law
- Assist HR in managing payroll and entering staff information into the online system
- Work with the Development team to reconcile campaigns, donations received, accounting software, and database records in a timely manner
- Monthly expense entry and management, as well as month-end closeout including credit card and bank account reconciliations
- Maintain an organized and accurate record of all checks, deposits, donations and expenses, both physical and electronic
- Participate, facilitate and/or assist at Hand to Hold events.
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Other duties as may be assigned by the COO/CFO
- Open to applicants in the Austin, Texas metropolitan area
- Full-time, hourly, exempt position: 40 +/- hours per week schedule
- Compensation: starting at $50,000 commensurate with experience
- Must be available to work from our office in North Austin
- Flexibility in work schedule and hybrid working arrangement available after 90 day introductory period is successfully completed and with pre-approval by supervisor
- Benefits: fully paid Medical, $20,000 Life Insurance and Employee Assistance Program for employee
- option to add Dental, Vision & additional Life insurance as well as coverage for dependants
- 10 days annually of Paid Time Off
- 12 days annually of accrued Sick Time
- 14 annual Paid Holidays, plus the working days between Christmas & New Year’s Day
Ability to reach 2nd-floor office space by stairs (no elevator access).
To apply, send a cover letter and resume
We prefer you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Minimum 2 years nonprofit accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Budget drafting and/or management experience
- Be analytical in nature with excellent organization skills and the capacity to manage and successfully prioritize among multiple tasks and projects.
- Personal experience with a child or loved one in the NICU is a plus.
We need you to have:
- Minimum 1 year accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Experience with Quickbooks Online or similar accounting software
- Proficiency in G Suite, Microsoft office and generally technologically savvy
- Ability to maintain the highest confidentiality when dealing with sensitive & private information
- Ability to work independently, think proactively, address problems creatively and take initiative appropriately.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of bookkeeping principles and best practices with a keen eye for detail, especially in regard to financial reporting.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Personal qualities of integrity, professionalism, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Hand to Hold’s mission.