The Order Desk Agent places store orders and communicates statuses based on vendor terms and prices. Schedules deliveries using knowledge of budget and schedule requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Order material for all the Great Floors locations in a timely manner
- Receive confirmations and communicating back
- Answer phones to assist sales and vendors with any questions
- Update sales with new ETAs on their orders
- Monitor emails and the order screen for updates, confirmations, and new orders
- Post the correct pricing and ETAs in Pro IV
- Track the trucking schedule to coordinate material pick-ups
- Keeping workstation organized
- Keep open communication between sales, vendors, and AP
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma required
- Minimum of 2 years of purchasing or related experience or demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks required
- Prior purchasing knowledge preferred
- Technical Capacity
- Financial Management experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent Time Management
- Critical Thinking & Decision-Making Skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.