Streamline has grown rapidly, nearly doubling year over year. We’ve optimized every part of our onboarding, support, and billing processes, and we’re ready to scale nationally. To learn more about what we do check out getstreamline.com/about-us.
We invest heavily in our work culture and people. We’ve been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work” for many years, and it shows: our clients and customers love working with us. We honor each other’s strengths and contributions and we learn new stuff all the time. We tick all the boxes: great pay, full benefits, 401k, unlimited paid time off, free on-site food. (Which is all great, but at the end of the day what makes this a great place to work is that we are all mission-driven, working toward making the world a better place.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Special Districts are a little-known but essential part of public infrastructure and democracy. More than 38,000 fire districts, park and rec districts, community service districts, etc. span the country. Yet 40% of them don’t have a website—despite being supported by public fees and taxes. Streamline exists to serve and empower them with SaaS tools, thought leadership, and compliance with new laws and digital requirements. We love our districts, and with less than 1% customer churn over 5 years, the love is mutual.
About the Role:
The Business Development Representative position at Streamline is all about starting relationships. Our goal is to become a valuable resource to every special district in the US, even if some never become a paying customer. This role mostly consists of telephone outreach to these districts, as well as some tailored email correspondence. BDRs use our HubSpot CRM to manage and organize this work, and collaborate closely with marketing and sales to continuously improve our approach. This role is ideal for someone with a genuine interest in serving districts, top notch organizational skills, the ability to learn quickly, and a strong appreciation for hard work.
What You’ll Do:
- Become an expert (if you’re not already) in our Hubspot CRM, and use this platform to manage your rotating book of business
- Meet or exceed monthly call outreach targets, and use those conversations for sharing our resources and learning about their district
- Provide a top-tier first impression for Streamline, and express our dedication to this community by finding a way to support each district
- Take great notes, update necessary CRM records, and help us over time improve our detailed information about all districts
- Help generate and identify district interest in our products. Introduce them to the value and importance of our SaaS tools, and qualify the opportunity to make sure there is a high likelihood of partnership fit
- Schedule demo meetings for the sales team to run with, and meet or exceed monthly meeting targets
- Work closely with BDR peers and cross functional team members to iterate on strategies and provide the ideal experience for districts.
Streamline is a very special place to work. Every employee receives a competitive salary and compensation package, the very best healthcare benefits available, and a place that supports them and their loved ones.
- 401(k) plans with 3% salary matching and complimentary financial planning
- A stock incentive program including access to founder-class stock
- The very best healthcare benefits available
- Family-friendly hours and flexible scheduling
- Unlimited paid vacation per year
- Free, unlimited food while at work
- Executive training and coaching programs to help you grow personally and professionally, led by nationally-recognized coaches and facilitators
What we’re looking for:
- You have prior sales or customer facing experience
- You are naturally curious and constantly learning
- You have strong work ethic, are self-driven, take initiative, and enjoy bringing new ideas to the company
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment while still providing quality opportunities and driving revenue
- You are excited to build strong working relationships with the production and marketing teams and contribute to our office culture
- You have experience using a CRM, and the willingness to keep data clean and up to date
- You communicate well, and write clearly, thoughtfully, and purposefully. When you speak, you lay the foundations for a long-lasting relationship, listening more than talking when appropriate.
- You are empathetic and have a real desire to help our customers reach their goals.
***Bonus: Prior SaaS or software sales experience, or connection with special districts