The Data Protection Specialist is responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting the data protection infrastructure and applications. Provide technical support for the data protection infrastructure systems, creates and maintains backup documentation, maintains hardware and software standards. The Data Protection Specialist is expected to assist and resolve technical issues that have been escalated by the Service Delivery teams.
- Support of customer and internal corporate data protection infrastructure.
- Provide support for the entire data protection infrastructure
- Contribute to the ongoing development of backup and replication standards while adhering to best practices and procedures.
- Troubleshoot escalated tickets by the Technical Support Analyst and installation support team.
- Maintain, create and update all data protection documentation and topology diagrams.
- Support multiple: Veeam Backup and Replication, Intronis, Avamar, Barracuda Cloud and Local Appliances, VMware SRM, as well as other hardware and software replication systems.
- Leverage multiple monitoring tools to analyze patterns in order to proactively identify performance issues and account for capacity planning.
- Work with multiple vendors routinely for support, procurement of new hardware, feature enhancement and design strategy when required.
- Provide weekend as needed coverage to respond critical and urgent issues occurring either before or after support hours.
- When requested, attends IT meetings and scheduled teleconferences.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.