The Data Protection Specialist is responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting the data protection infrastructure and applications. Provide technical support for the data protection infrastructure systems, creates and maintains backup documentation, maintains hardware and software standards. The Data Protection Specialist is expected to assist and resolve technical issues that have been escalated by the Service Delivery teams.
- Support of customer and internal corporate data protection infrastructure.
- Provide support for the entire data protection infrastructure
- Contribute to the ongoing development of backup and replication standards while adhering to best practices and procedures.
- Troubleshoot escalated tickets by the Technical Support Analyst and installation support team.
- Maintain, create and update all data protection documentation and topology diagrams.
- Support multiple: Veeam Backup and Replication, Intronis, Avamar, Barracuda Cloud and Local Appliances, VMware SRM, as well as other hardware and software replication systems.
- Leverage multiple monitoring tools to analyze patterns in order to proactively identify performance issues and account for capacity planning.
- Work with multiple vendors routinely for support, procurement of new hardware, feature enhancement and design strategy when required.
- Provide weekend as needed coverage to respond critical and urgent issues occurring either before or after support hours.
- When requested, attends IT meetings and scheduled teleconferences.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience (4-5 years)
- Certified in industry recognized data protection or strong knowledge of backup and replication software.
- Knowledge of data protection software such as Veeam Backup and Replication, Quest vRanger, Datto or another virtual machine centric backup software
- Knowledge of data protection of non-virtualized systems using commercial software
- Experienced in monitoring tools and administration of backup and replication systems
- Must possess strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work in a fast pace, changing environment where they need to work on numerous tasks or issues at once.
- A team player with strong customer-oriented attitude, interpersonal skills and works well in a multicultural workplace
- Self-discipline, self-starter, professional, who can successfully bring tasks or incidents to closure with minimum direction, guidance, and oversight
- Excellent time management skills that support a balance of strategic and tactical activities
- Display the professional qualities expected in an IT group and adopt a disciplined approach to problem solving
- Able to be on standby and perform downtime work during weekends and off-hours meeting
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how data protection relates to their business strategy and goals
*Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
*Please Note: BCS365 participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.