The function of the Delivery Driver is to move material safely and accurately between our Kent Commercial warehouse, our vendors and our commercial jobsites. This includes checking, labeling and securing material, keeping track of paperwork and assisting with loading and unloading.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform daily pre-trip inspections and report any equipment issues.
- Transport material safely and legally between vendors and warehouses.
- Receive materials from our vendors and verify paperwork to ensure the correct material is accounted for.
- Label all received items with corresponding store identifier, customer name, and order number.
- Secure all cargo to prevent damage to materials and equipment.
- Understand truck schedules and routes.
- Transport materials from warehouse to jobsites, as directed.
- Communicate effectively with vendors, other drivers, warehouse staff, and management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Clean driving record required
- Three years of related experience preferred
- Industry knowledge preferred
- Comply with state, federal, and company safety regulations
- Self-Starter; Independent
- Excellent Organizational skills and Time Management skills
- Valid Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb in and out of trucks and trailers; occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds.
- Local travel is required for this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Warehouse environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Some outdoor exposure during the workday
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, knives, markers, shrink wrap and more.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.