The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of administrative and clerical work for the Finance Department, assisting with overall accounting functions. Under general supervision, performs a variety of detailed accounting duties in accordance with standard accounting procedures and verifies data for completeness and accuracy. The Accounting Clerk daily responsibilities are often quantitative in nature and typically require use of computerized data management and analysis systems. This position provides assistance in maintaining a variety of financial transactions and records; compiling information and preparing reports and/or summaries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall accounting for the CSO, Music and Event Management INC (MEMI), subsidiary, and partner organizations.
- Completes accounting functions in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepares, reviews and enters daily cash receipts and prepares invoices as needed.
- Review, code and enter vendor invoices into the accounting software.
- Prepares vendor payment checks for mailing and files supporting documentation.
- Participates in monthly general ledger reconciling and closing.
- Participates in daily mail opening/check log procedure.
- Enters annual budget and projection information into the accounting software.
- Assists with grant preparation as required.
- Maintains department calendar of activities, due dates and vacation dates.
- Prepares and files various Federal, State and Local governmental reporting and payment forms on a regular basis.
- Analyzes general ledger activity and proposes adjustments, as needed.
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments.
- Maintains and assists with company postage machine.
- Assists accounting personnel, Human Resources, Director of Finance and CFO as needed.
- Maintains all corporate documentation, correspondence, insurance, grant, and financial files in an orderly systematic manner
- Ensures the work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Participates in the annual audit(s) as assigned.
- Support organization’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives as well as supporting a respectful organizational culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting Relationship: The Accounting Clerk reports to the Accounting Manager.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a professional accountant with a minimum of two plus years of accounting experience. Other qualifications include:
- Experience with accounting software, such as QuickBooks or similar software.
- Experience with Microsoft software products with a heavy focus on Excel.
- Detail oriented individual with a high level of accuracy.
- Cooperative attitude and willingness to learn and assist others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage time in order to meet important deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of discerning and maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Ability to organize, evaluate, and present information effectively in writing and verbally.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
Compensation: $16 - $20 per hour
- Retirement Contribution
- Ability to work from home up to 2 days per week
- Flexible scheduling
- Generous PTO Plan
- $3,850 Employer Health Savings Account Contribution
- 100% Employer paid single health coverage and affordable family options
- Free Dental Insurance