Company Overview: Margaritaville and Landshark is a warm and inviting place where people from all walks of life come together to create paradise. We offer an exciting employment experience where creating and delivering fun and escapism for our guests is the goal we seek to exceed every day. We are one of the top employers due to our competitive wages, benefits packages, and the opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team. 90% of our team members say, "I Love My Job" and 92% say they are proud to work for Margaritaville and Landshark.
Benefits: Weekly Pay, Staff Member discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Fun upbeat working environment, Career Growth, 401K Matching, Paid time off, and more!
Job Overview: Responsible for the preparation and/or cooking of food that follows company directed specifications by performing the following duties:
- Ensures all materials and supplies are available.
- Sets up station according to established guidelines and requirements to ensure guest safety.
- Ensures that all foods are prepared according to established recipes and plating guidelines.
- Executes designated preparation stations without support under normal conditions.
- Prepares food by measuring, cutting, peeling, etc. ingredients in accordance with the sales forecast and business level.
- Follows all company HACCP documentation and procedures throughout daily shifts.
- Responsible for daily requisition of non-food and food products.
- Ensures all products are properly received, stored, and maintained in their respective areas, including but not limited to dating, labeling and rotating.
- Assists management in training new Staff Members within department when applicable.
- Maintains safety standards while using knives and other food preparation equipment.
- Restocks and/or breaks down work station at the conclusion of the shift.
- Stocks all stations as directed and cleans/closes all stations as directed.
- Ensures organization and cleanliness of all coolers, freezers, prep areas, etc.
- Cross-trains on all prep and dish stations and assists those co-workers when needed to meet guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a clean appearance and work station and assists in overall kitchen cleanliness, including cleaning all station equipment and utensils (flat tops, grills, storage drawers, etc.) at the end of each shift.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by chefs, management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- Six months to one year minimum as a prep/line cook in a full-service, high-volume restaurant required; must have knowledge of the cooking techniques utilized in the scope of the prep/line position applying for; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Culinary degree or equivalent preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Health permit/food safety cards and alcohol awareness certification; staff member is required to obtain card individually and provide proof of possession prior to first day of employment in states required by law
The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 100% of working time standing, walking, and reaching.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English)
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes.
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels.
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently required to wash hands and/or wear gloves.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and guests.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas or instructions by the spoken word.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.